• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MoJ IT Meltdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoJ IT Meltdown

Law courts in chaos as IT meltdown disrupts thousands of cases | Law | The Guardian

I've been following this on Twitter for a while and now it seems to have made it into the MSM.

Anyone here involved in this?

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
    Law courts in chaos as IT meltdown disrupts thousands of cases | Law | The Guardian

I've been following this on Twitter for a while and now it seems to have made it into the MSM.

Anyone here involved in this?
    The Russians.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"...the main suppliers of the affected technology, including Atos and Microsoft, were “working hard to restore access..."
      Ahhh.

Some background of the status of the project at el reg:

Ministry of Justice abandons key plank of GBP280m IT project • The Register

Just sounds like most government projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        The Russians.
        Plural? Is it the AtW multiple personalities?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          Just sounds like most government projects.
          Yes the government are spendthrift when it comes to IT (and probably everything else) preferring to spend oodles on expensive consultancies rather than thinking of what they want and buying available solutions. I've come across it lots, for example the DfT spending £500K on a beta programme with KPMG after spending a similar amount on a study with Deloitte and ignoring an available solution that'd cost <£50K. You don't make a name for yourself or secure a future directorship by connecting with UK SME's whatever the bluster

Comment

I just can't believe this is still happening. Makes me ashamed at the state of our industry.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
              I just can't believe this is still happening. Makes me ashamed at the state of our industry.
              More to do with the state of the public sector.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                More to do with the state of the public sector.
                Most likely it's problems on both sides. We've dealt with ambiguous/badly defined/shifting requirements long enough now. We have ways of managing that so we should be able to cope.

Comment

Is Brillo having another divorce?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Spectator has also included a piece on the affair:

The GBP1 billion IT project that has caused chaos in the criminal courts | Coffee House

Comment

Working...
                    X