• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I read in the Daily Mail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And of course those running the News Guard app do not have an agenda oh no siree they will be completely unbiased.

Except they cannot be because that would not make them any money and so they will have a backer whose views will be represented in the what their app tells you about a certain site.

whatever you are still getting your news through someone else's filter.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      And of course those running the News Guard app do not have an agenda oh no siree they will be completely unbiased.

Except they cannot be because that would not make them any money and so they will have a backer whose views will be represented in the what their app tells you about a certain site.

Every news outlet has an agenda. They don't all routinely publish tulipe about vaccines.

Comment

Well the DM has shot itself in the foot, I think its fine to be outspoken and go against the grain but it should be factual.

Saying that the Guardian is just as bad its just better at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

The Independent is the worst though, just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Well the DM has shot itself in the foot, I think its fine to be outspoken and go against the grain but it should be factual.

Saying that the Guardian is just as bad its just better at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

There is a degree of false equivalence. The Mail is shocking on 'sciencey' stuff, vaccines being an example. This is why they should be called out, although the Edge business is odd unless it is aimed at winding up the gammonocracy.

Comment

The Guardian is good at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

Sadly its articles in the opinion section are awful. As awful as the Fail's.....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I read the Guardian, FT, Telegraph and a variety of Irish newspapers.
              Yes, I have no doubt that you do.

That is doubtless what makes you so "interesting".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Conspiracy, conspiracy everywhere. Do you look under your bed each night before getting into it? Strange that News Guard thinks Fox News is okay though. You might want to have a look who works there and who their advisory board is before spouting off
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  There is a degree of false equivalence. The Mail is shocking on 'sciencey' stuff, vaccines being an example. This is why they should be called out, although the Edge business is odd unless it is aimed at winding up the gammonocracy.
                  I didn't used to find the gammon thing annoying until you started using it in every sentence.

The Guardian distorts fact and is quite insidious. The recent business with Jordan Peterson is a prime example of shutting down views and opinions that you don't agree with and presenting opinion as facts.

Comment

I didn't used to find the gammon thing annoying until you started using it in every sentence.
                    Glad to be of service.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Conspiracy, conspiracy everywhere. Do you look under your bed each night before getting into it? Strange that News Guard thinks Fox News is okay though. You might want to have a look who works there and who their advisory board is before spouting off
                      It is not conspiracy really.

It is very difficult today to get the facts on anything

even a live report will only tell you some facts

and by the time it hits the papers it has gone from fact to someone's opinion of the fact

News Guard is just another filter someone is putting on the already very filtered 'news'

Comment

Working...
                      X