I read in the Daily Mail... I read in the Daily Mail... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    And of course those running the News Guard app do not have an agenda oh no siree they will be completely unbiased.

    Except they cannot be because that would not make them any money and so they will have a backer whose views will be represented in the what their app tells you about a certain site.

    whatever you are still getting your news through someone else's filter.

  2. #22

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    And of course those running the News Guard app do not have an agenda oh no siree they will be completely unbiased.

    Except they cannot be because that would not make them any money and so they will have a backer whose views will be represented in the what their app tells you about a certain site.

    whatever you are still getting your news through someone else's filter.
    Every news outlet has an agenda. They don't all routinely publish tulipe about vaccines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #23

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Well the DM has shot itself in the foot, I think its fine to be outspoken and go against the grain but it should be factual.

    Saying that the Guardian is just as bad its just better at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

    The Independent is the worst though, just awful.

  4. #24

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Well the DM has shot itself in the foot, I think its fine to be outspoken and go against the grain but it should be factual.

    Saying that the Guardian is just as bad its just better at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

    The Independent is the worst though, just awful.
    There is a degree of false equivalence. The Mail is shocking on 'sciencey' stuff, vaccines being an example. This is why they should be called out, although the Edge business is odd unless it is aimed at winding up the gammonocracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #25

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Well the DM has shot itself in the foot, I think its fine to be outspoken and go against the grain but it should be factual.

    Saying that the Guardian is just as bad its just better at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

    The Independent is the worst though, just awful.
    The Guardian is good at delivering opinion based articles as fact.

    Sadly its articles in the opinion section are awful. As awful as the Fail's.....

  6. #26

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    I read the Guardian, FT, Telegraph and a variety of Irish newspapers.
    Yes, I have no doubt that you do.

    That is doubtless what makes you so "interesting".

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  7. #27

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    And of course those running the News Guard app do not have an agenda oh no siree they will be completely unbiased.

    Except they cannot be because that would not make them any money and so they will have a backer whose views will be represented in the what their app tells you about a certain site.

    whatever you are still getting your news through someone else's filter.
    Conspiracy, conspiracy everywhere. Do you look under your bed each night before getting into it? Strange that News Guard thinks Fox News is okay though. You might want to have a look who works there and who their advisory board is before spouting off
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  8. #28

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    There is a degree of false equivalence. The Mail is shocking on 'sciencey' stuff, vaccines being an example. This is why they should be called out, although the Edge business is odd unless it is aimed at winding up the gammonocracy.
    I didn't used to find the gammon thing annoying until you started using it in every sentence.

    The Guardian distorts fact and is quite insidious. The recent business with Jordan Peterson is a prime example of shutting down views and opinions that you don't agree with and presenting opinion as facts.

  9. #29

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I didn't used to find the gammon thing annoying until you started using it in every sentence.
    Glad to be of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  10. #30

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Conspiracy, conspiracy everywhere. Do you look under your bed each night before getting into it? Strange that News Guard thinks Fox News is okay though. You might want to have a look who works there and who their advisory board is before spouting off
    It is not conspiracy really.

    It is very difficult today to get the facts on anything

    even a live report will only tell you some facts

    and by the time it hits the papers it has gone from fact to someone's opinion of the fact

    News Guard is just another filter someone is putting on the already very filtered 'news'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •