I read in the Daily Mail... I read in the Daily Mail...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 30

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Default I read in the Daily Mail...

...no you didn't, not if you're using MS Edge on a mobile device:

Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

And the details...

Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Daily Mail demands browser warning U-turn Daily Mail demands browser warning U-turn - BBC News

Old Greg is my bitch

administrator - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Daily Mail demands browser warning U-turn Daily Mail demands browser warning U-turn - BBC News

I expect the reply has been "sort your tulip out and we'll think about it"

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

I submitted this website, will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post

Snowflakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

As I've said before, I don't really understand this thing about the DM. Look at today's news there. Where is there any particular right wing, anti-immigrant etc, bias? Crime news seems to be pretty proportionate in terms of perpetrator ethnicity, they seem to back a more moderate BR... The Express is much more right wing and pro Br.., the DT is also much more pro Br... Used to think the Metro was a bit lefty but lately it seems to have a lot about crimes by blacks in the US, not quite sure why they are in a British online newspaper.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Not, of course, that I wish to question the rationality of the main lefty-liberal argument, "It's in The DM" Probably the most rational you ever come up with.

OK Let's have an ongoing thread about the DM news website. Look at today's news. Look at all the stories. What is there that makes you think it has a significant right wing bias?

This will get no response, facts, huh! What are they?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 23rd January 2019 at 21:09.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    As I've said before, I don't really understand this thing about the DM. Look at today's news there. Where is there any particular right wing, anti-immigrant etc, bias? Crime news seems to be pretty proportionate in terms of perpetrator ethnicity, they seem to back a more moderate BR... The Express is much more right wing and pro Br.., the DT is also much more pro Br... Used to think the Metro was a bit lefty but lately it seems to have a lot about crimes by blacks in the US, not quite sure why they are in a British online newspaper.
    It’s not about their political leanings (or at least not in this case). It’s about the fact that they repeatedly, and apparently as a matter of editorial policy, publish outright falsehoods.

If you read a news story in the Daily Mail, you have no reason whatsoever to believe that it is true either in general or in specifics. Even if it describes an event that is known to have occurred due to confirmation from other sources, there is a strong likelihood that the version of that event given in the Mail can be shown to contain any or all of deliberate distortions, fabricated quotations, and outright lies about either the event or those involved or both.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    It’s not about their political leanings (or at least not in this case). It’s about the fact that they repeatedly, and apparently as a matter of editorial policy, publish outright falsehoods.

If you read a news story in the Daily Mail, you have no reason whatsoever to believe that it is true either in general or in specifics. Even if it describes an event that is known to have occurred due to confirmation from other sources, there is a strong likelihood that the version of that event given in the Mail can be shown to contain any or all of deliberate distortions, fabricated quotations, and outright lies about either the event or those involved or both.
    Exactly. I read the Guardian, FT, Telegraph and a variety of Irish newspapers. The Mail is just nonsense

Out of interest, does anyone know if they ever retracted or apologised for this beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018