• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alex Salmond to continue to host weekly RT programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Whatever you say - I'm on the side of not having a thermonuclear world war
    So if we don't do what Putin demands there will be nuclear war?

I think not, scumbags like him want to live in great wealth they've accumulated.

Plus giving in to any blackmail just encourages the other party to continue it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So if we don't do what Putin demands there will be nuclear war?

I think not, scumbags like him want to live in great wealth they've accumulated.

Plus giving in to any blackmail just encourages the other party to continue it.
      Bit extreme there, I'm sure there is middle ground to be had. It's not Russia pushing for war either it's us.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Bit extreme there, I'm sure there is middle ground to be had. It's not Russia pushing for war either it's us.
        Russia recently invaded and annexed part of a European country. Remember Sudetenland?

Comment

It's not Russia pushing for war either it's us.
          The only war that's going on right now is the one that was started by Russia.

Comment

The only war that's going on right now is the one that was started by Russia.
            Don't forget the Republic of South Ossetia, recognised by Russia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Nauru, and Syria.

Comment

But then is it not a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Don't forget the Republic of South Ossetia, recognised by Russia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Nauru, and Syria.
                Morons like Jog Ons don't care if they go in bed with the Devil as long as it's against the "establishment", which might be pretty rotten, but it's far better than the alternative.

I'd respect them if they actually faced real personal threat from the Govt for their believes, but alas they love scum like Putin remotely without any repercussions to the personal life: neither legal, nor moral nor physical (all of which happen in Russia when you dare to oppose Putin publicly)

Comment

Morons like Jog Ons don't care if they go in bed with the Devil as long as it's against the "establishment", which might be pretty rotten, but it's far better than the alternative.

I'd respect them if they actually faced real personal threat from the Govt for their believes, but alas they love scum like Putin remotely without any repercussions to the personal life: neither legal, nor moral nor physical (all of which happen in Russia when you dare to oppose Putin publicly)
                  Seeing as we're doing this for the nth time again I'll just stick to my usual 'WW3 is a bad idea and our elected leaders need to do better, are part of the problem and are lying to us about their honourable humanitarian intentions when invading sovereign nations, lining up military bases along the Russian border and making money out of a privatised war industry.'

But yeah whatever....
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Whilst you should be innocent until proven guilty..

you could also say no smoke without fire

lets face it Salmond would sell his own mother to further his political career

So I am pretty sure he will have been more than happy to take a few liberties with ladies.

But either way I expect him to be found guilty of one or more charges but until that happens.....

Comment

'Innocent until proven guilty' means the government doesn't assess criminal penalties (jail, fines) until proven guilty.

It doesn't mean others should ignore the situation. But if RT wants to be associated with this dirt once all the evidence is in and have to admit that they continued to give him a forum and identify with him even once the charges are known, they have that right, don't they? It gives up any moral high ground but I think their interest in the moral high ground was already pretty low.

Salmond's statement was pretty clear -- I'm innocent of 'criminality'. He didn't claim to be innocent of 'wrongdoing.' In other words, he knows he's behaved reprehensibly but he thinks he can argue that he stayed on the legal side of the line.

And a guy who did this at his age has been doing it for years, and women would have warned other women to watch yourself around him, and the stories will have been running around in the SNP for years, and Sturgeon undoubtedly had heard them, too. And they've ignored it, probably for decades. And they'll claim that no one knew, and since no one had absolute proof they won't quite by lying, but there were people in the SNP who did know, but it would have damaged their agenda because he was effective as a politician if they had done anything about it. So they did nothing.

And a lot of people will still vote SNP because they don't care about such things, but they will lose some support, and Labour may soon be a force in Scotland again.

Comment

Working...
                      X