• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a guy posting last week I think that was infrastructure with only 3 year experience out of uni. This would be the ideal role for someone like that. Where you go afterwards would be the problem though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I did a 2 day gig once. For a shed load of money. Very interesting seeing how small city brokers work.

Comment

Pretty carp even for normal rates in the engineering sector.

Short term contracts usually pay much better. Got one once when some idiot erased or corrupted part of a military simulator I had worked on in my full time days. There's a tip, when you're working on an important piece of software, insert a hack you can trigger to screw it up. They'll pay you a lot of dosh to come back and fix it.

PS AS long as they don't know you did it of course.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          A one-day team leader contract at, wait for it, £196.73 per day

Team Leader - 05/02 ONLY - Bristol - January-28-2019 (GvN73)

I'd consider it, but not for a penny less than £197 "per day" !

Talk about taking the outright mick!
          i would like to know the maths behind how did they reach a figure of 196.73
          probably a complex mathematical eqation

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            i would like to know the maths behind how did they reach a figure of 196.73
            probably a complex mathematical eqation
            I once agree £600pd cost to client with client and then was directed to Hays who applied a 5% markup (so divided 600 by 1.05) leaving me with 571.43.

So I guess this is something similar to arrive at a round number. Alternatively they have divided a permie salary by a number between 208 and 245 or similar.

Comment

Working...
            X