• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal data request - is this normal / legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractUKonline View Post
    Thanks for the replies

This definitely treats a copy of the passport with a lot more weight and echoes how I feel about this - I'm assuming this is old, I wonder if there's a 2019 version.
    I doubt it, that's the latest I've seen, and our govt aren't known for their efficiency in getting things done...

Originally posted by contractUKonline View Post
    I sort of am, but not so aggressively as I do actually want the contract. Thanks for letting me know this isn't normal in your experience, i've never had this before.
    He was taking the piss, in case you didn't notice.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      He was taking the piss, in case you didn't notice.
      I didn't wasn't the craziest response.

Comment

It's an OTT request based on the operational risk policy of the client (usually a bank or or financial institution). If you want to get on site, you'll need to comply with their operational risk policy.

Explain that you're concerned about their passport policy but can present it in person on the day that you start. Proof of address isn't a biggie and neither is a copy of your most recent P60.
        A low quality scan of your driving licence and birth certificate would suffice instead of a passport.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X