• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biggest c@ck you've ever worked with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Used to work with some winker from Wales. Tried to claim he was outside IR35 but was full on SDC despite claims to the contrary. How he got his timesheet signed, God only knows.
    He's on piece work. I hope you signed off on the keyboard and mouse replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      He's on piece work. I hope you signed off on the keyboard and mouse replacement.
      Had to, the keyboard was clogged with drool.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Project manager that shouted and swore at me and refused to stop doing so. I left (obviously after discussing it with the client) - I'll work with nearly anyone but I draw the line at that sort of behaviour.

That's the worst I've ever had so I've probably been fairly lucky. That said, since making the switch from permie to contract I have noted that contractors aren't treated as nicely as permies on the whole. Can't see any logical reason why this is the case though!

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
          Project manager that shouted and swore at me and refused to stop doing so. I left (obviously after discussing it with the client) - I'll work with nearly anyone but I draw the line at that sort of behaviour.

That's the worst I've ever had so I've probably been fairly lucky. That said, since making the switch from permie to contract I have noted that contractors aren't treated as nicely as permies on the whole. Can't see any logical reason why this is the case though!
          Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Used to work with some winker from Wales. Tried to claim he was outside IR35 but was full on SDC despite claims to the contrary. How he got his timesheet signed, God only knows.
            Wasnt me was it?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post

Forgot about the guy when I worked in Defence Industry....

This guy was ex-forces (as a lot of people in Defence are). Like a lot of them he always forgot he wasn't in the army any more. Was previously warrant officer apparently. Project was going badly so he called the entire team into a room, shouted, swore, threatened people the lot. Done it loads of times apparently and HR had warned him to stop doing it. One day I heard he grabbed someone around the throat in a meeting and HR finally saw sense and gave him the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Sorry about that.
                Lol, I've got a feeling that if it was you I'd deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I could be remembering wrong..but wasn't the data for these surveys just wrong. So, for example most western evidence is based on measuring etc but in Africa and the poorer countries they just asked men.

I can imagine it, pretty research assistant asking men their penis size, "well, why yes it is 9 inches".

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I could be remembering wrong..but wasn't the data for these surveys just wrong. So, for example most western evidence is based on measuring etc but in Africa and the poorer countries they just asked men.

I can imagine it, pretty research assistant asking men their penis size, "well, why yes it is 9 inches".

The things Girls won't do for science.

Still amusing.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      I must have a whanger then!

Think we need another category at the top end for Wales..... Its all those sheep that need doing see.

Comment

Working...
                      X