• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biggest c@ck you've ever worked with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest c@ck you've ever worked with?

No comments from anyone whos worked with me :-)

Being doing it a while and met a lot of lovely people over the years. Fortunately, outweigh the cocks but there quite a few. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in these peoples head.

I'll start off:-

- Client managed who tried to tell me I couldn't leave the office to go to gym at lunchtime (in case there was an emergency). He also tried t tell me I wasn't allowed to park on the road near the office (no yellow lines) because it looked "scruffy".

- Client manager who was fine with me but treated the permies like crap. Reported one guy to HR because he didn't call before 10am to inform him he wouldn't be in after his mother had passed away.

- Current client manager. Asks for favours when it suits him but won't give an inch back. Worked remotely on a Saturday at short notice because there was an issue - mega hassle for me with childcare - then moaned because I was stuck one friday afternoon for childcare but pulled the "no contractors allowed to work from home" card.

Although I bet they say Im the biggest cock they've ever worked with!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    No comments from anyone whos worked with me :-)

Being doing it a while and met a lot of lovely people over the years. Fortunately, outweigh the cocks but there quite a few. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in these peoples head.

I'll start off:-

- Client managed who tried to tell me I couldn't leave the office to go to gym at lunchtime (in case there was an emergency). He also tried t tell me I wasn't allowed to park on the road near the office (no yellow lines) because it looked "scruffy".

- Client manager who was fine with me but treated the permies like crap. Reported one guy to HR because he didn't call before 10am to inform him he wouldn't be in after his mother had passed away.

- Current client manager. Asks for favours when it suits him but won't give an inch back. Worked remotely on a Saturday at short notice because there was an issue - mega hassle for me with childcare - then moaned because I was stuck one friday afternoon for childcare but pulled the "no contractors allowed to work from home" card.

Although I bet they say Im the biggest cock they've ever worked with!
    I'm astonished you've ever done a day's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I'm astonished you've ever done a day's work.
      Got to be fair OG you keep them coming ;-)

Now I did meet this Jobcentre representative once they were a bit nobbish. Tried to make me take a job sorting the trolleys in tescos. Out of order mun!

Comment

The only cock I see is the moaning one that started a pointless thread.

So people are people, some OK, some not so. Hardly worthy of your ire really?

If that's the worst you've met you've had it easy.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Got to be fair OG you keep them coming ;-)

Now I did meet this Jobcentre representative once they were a bit nobbish. Tried to make me take a job sorting the trolleys in tescos. Out of order mun!
          With your lumbago?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            The only cock I see is the moaning one that started a pointless thread.

So people are people, some OK, some not so. Hardly worthy of your ire really?

If that's the worst you've met you've had it easy.
            Now I did work with one guy who used to spend all day ripping websites...... ;-)

(Sorry NLUK - surely you understand I can't let that one go now I know about it. I love you lots really!)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              With your lumbago?
              Now I have got a dodgy back now you mention it

Comment

I can usually get on with most people or manage to successfully stay out of their way. But I setup a team of contractors for a client a few years ago. One guy, just rubbed everyone up the wrong way and would start arguments. I won't go into all the crap he started and did but what I did learn was you can't reason with some people. There are some people that are just wrong. They like to argue and cause issues.

You can't fix them, being kind does not work, understanding them does not work, attempting to be their friend does not work. Being hard or formal with them does not work.

Some people are just wrong, luckily most people are just decent wanting to make some cash so they can spend time with their family away from work.

Comment

Now I did work with one guy who used to spend all day ripping websites...... ;-)

(Sorry NLUK - surely you understand I can't let that one go now I know about it. I love you lots really!)
                  Interesting....

very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I can usually get on with most people or manage to successfully stay out of their way. But I setup a team of contractors for a client a few years ago. One guy, just rubbed everyone up the wrong way and would start arguments. I won't go into all the crap he started and did but what I did learn was you can't reason with some people. There are some people that are just wrong. They like to argue and cause issues.

You can't fix them, being kind does not work, understanding them does not work, attempting to be their friend does not work. Being hard or formal with them does not work.

Some people are just wrong, luckily most people are just decent wanting to make some cash so they can spend time with their family away from work.
                    Pretty much this. As long as someone doesn't have a personality disorder (narcissism and sociopathy are the worst) I usually manage.

Comment

Working...
                    X