• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow day anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    - the Porsche can't deal with a light frosting never mind 3 day old ice.
    Really? I used to drive mine up to ski resorts where there was more than a light frosting without any problem. Though that was with winter tyres and AWD.

... or is yours really cool and vintage?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Really? I used to drive mine up to ski resorts where there was more than a light frosting without any problem. Though that was with winter tyres and AWD.

Comment

Could you perhaps watch some retro- children's TV, and pretend it is for their education. You know a bit of YouTube Play School, Ivor the Engine, the moomins, and Jackenory?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          Can the Bentley driver not drive the golf too?

INKSPE

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I don't have winter tyres on them, I tend to drive about 4k a year so just keep the racing tyres on them. I rescued the misses last year from the snow, the RAC kindly bunny hoped her car off the motorway to the bottom of a hill in freezing temps and left her there. I had a terrible job of getting up the hill, but out of the blue a gritter turned up and I followed in its tracks. God bless them gritters.

I've also been stuck getting out of a hotel car park in La Rochelle, had a bit of sand on the steep drive.

If I'm honest I will also agree that it could be down to my lack of driving ability in snow, sand, light rain or misty droplets on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Funny that everyone around you is a cock. Isn't there a saying about that?

Why are people cocks just because you don't get your way?
              NLUK I'm a bit believer in things work both ways in contracting. I give a little bit in terms of flexibility etc (i.e don't start saying things like "not in my contract bro") and the client then gives a little back.

Current client has phoned me at short notice in the past at the weekend when they've had an emergency and I've changed plans and gone in to help. I've billed for the day but there's been no obligation for me to go in. Also, many times Iv'e been called at the weekend for 10-20 calls to help with something for free. On more than one occasions I've done ad hoc "on call" overnight for free. I've probably gone too far in the past and let them take the piss a bit.

So when I'm in a bit of a personal bind, a bit of flexibility back wouldn't go amiss. Not pull the "contractors not allowed to do that" card. Cheeky twat even said "Its not in your contract to work from home". (Umm neither is it for me to do free on call or be available 24/7).

In my book, that makes people like this cocks....

Its piss poor management as well. Most people in current client are good as gold but this one guy is on an anti-contractor mission for some reason. Yeh you get it I know but jeez you're not going to get the best out of people if you bully them like that.

Permes hate this guy too but they're too gutless to complain about him. (Obviously, I aint goint to - never ends well when contractors moan).
              Last edited by psychocandy; 4 February 2019, 09:39.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X