• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have, have you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have, have you?

'Netflix effect' sees nearly a MILLION Britons cancel their TV licence in last year | Daily Mail Online

No more Biased Broadcasting Corporation for me.

And whilst you are at it:

Public inquiry into the bias in the BBC - Petitions
    Revoke the BBC's Royal Charter. - Petitions

Comment

The Wail hates the BBC and runs articles almost daily trying to put it down. Like most opinion pieces in the Wail it is about preventing freedom to report facts globally, without the influence of advertising or tax dodging ultra-reicht wingers.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The Wail hates the BBC and runs articles almost daily trying to put it down. Like most opinion pieces in the Wail it is about preventing freedom to report facts globally, without the influence of advertising or tax dodging ultra-reicht wingers.
        Yeah, I guess the 1,000,000 people p.a. cancelling their TV licences are all Gammons and racists in your world...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Yeah, I guess the 1,000,000 people p.a. cancelling their TV licences are all Gammons and racists in your world...
          No, I don’t think they are all gammons and racists, but the Wail will do whatever it can to undermine journalism and less biased reporting.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            The BBC was broadly anti Hitler in the '30s and the Mail has never forgiven them for their treachery against the Folk.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              The BBC was broadly anti Hitler in the '30s and the Mail has never forgiven them for their treachery against the Volk.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                FTFY
                Same difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Cancelled their license because they don't watch BBC, or cancelled it because they can cancel it?
                  It's not like the BBC can prove you've watched it.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Cancelled their license because they don't watch BBC, or cancelled it because they can cancel it?
                    It's not like the BBC can prove you've watched it.
                    It didn't used to be about whether you watched BBC channels or not it was your ability to receive a TV signal. There back in the day when a potable TV might have been used as a monitor for a home computer then legally you needed a TV licence for the TV. Now, in todays world and the introduction of streaming services it has become more difficult to police but you STILL need a TV licence to "watch or record programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service" with regard to the BBC itself you also need a licence to "download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer".

Basically if you haven't got a TV licence you are guilty your honour.

Comment

Working...
                    X