• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Ltd Company and divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Hi

Can my spouse take 50% of the business (the profits in the account) including Directors Loan?
    I own 100% share currently, if I was to give some of this away to family member, would this prevent spouse getting hands on it?

Thanks
    Yes your spouse is entitled to 50% of all your assets.
    No, she is not taking over any of your liabilities.
    No, you cannot gift away assets to family members to deprive your ex of her claim.

Lastly, don't be a scumbag. Follow the law. Divorce is messy and your ex is going to take care of your children. So don't do anything out of spite. Don't make your children suffer because of any issue you have with your ex.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

get in touch with Fathers4Justice

the laws are very anti men, and it would be best to have some pointers from Fathers4Justice to help

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Then you need to find the wise man called BrilloPad.
        Brillopad, Brillopad, Brillopad.

... hmm, not working
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why is everyone assuming OP is male?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
            And, OP, if you get involved in any of their protests, do be sure to live stream your footage from the roof of the Houses of Parliament, or Windsor Castle, on here

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

the laws are very anti men, and it would be best to have some pointers from Fathers4Justice to help

good luck
              Don't go anywhere near them unless you want to join in the spite. I've been through this 20 years ago. The laws are not anti-men but pro-children. Do what you can to get a clean break even if it means giving up > 50%. You can make it up later in life. If you have children, do the right thing and just accept that supporting the children inevitably means supporting the parent with care. A happy parent helps produce a happy kid(s).
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                A happy parent helps produce a happy kid(s).
                Guess it's a good thing I didn't have any then.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Happy parents? Or happy kids?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    And, OP, if you get involved in any of their protests, do be sure to live stream your footage from the roof of the Houses of Parliament, or Windsor Castle, on here
                    Make sure you check the ridge tiles if you're up the roof though, that'll save us a couple of bob.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      When did you start to suspect?

Comment

Working...
                      X