• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminated for looking at 'gore' videos - fair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminated for looking at 'gore' videos - fair?

Hi I have been terminated without notice for viewing what HR called "gore videos"

I was on my lunch break so as far as I am concerned waht I do in my lunch hour is my business??

These vids are not gratuitity ,,, but they do show what is going on in the real world

People need to understand the terrible things going on in the poorest countries of the world no??

Comment

Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
      Hi I have been terminated without notice for viewing what HR called "gore videos"

I was on my lunch break so as far as I am concerned waht I do in my lunch hour is my business??

These vids are not gratuitity ,,, but they do show what is going on in the real world

People need to understand the terrible things going on in the poorest countries of the world no??
      Who owns the desk were you sitting at ?

Who owns the hardware you were using ?

Who pays for the bandwidth you used ?

Your desk, your device, your bandwidth ? Harsh decision.

Their desk, their device, their bandwidth ? Completely justified.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Inconvenient Truth is 2 hours long. That’s a long lunch. No wonder they walked you.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

And you believe this sockie nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            And you believe this sockie nonsense?
            He is new here, otherwise he would not waste time argueing woth shaunbhoy...

Comment

To be fair, most client sites have an explicit "No Question Time" policy, but if you're not sure, always best to be cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

It was my phone on my ltd co's voda contract, it was streaming to the customer's reception TV screen on which they normally show BBC News but lots of people have put on Youtube videos at lunchtime so it was no different

Comment

It was my phone on my ltd co's voda contract, it was streaming to the customer's reception TV screen on which they normally show BBC News but lots of people have put on Youtube videos at lunchtime so it was no different
                  Oh yes it was...

Comment

Well deserved then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X