• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Critical Illness v Income Protection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical Illness v Income Protection

New mortgage so time to pretend to be a grown up and make sure my arse is covered, who's got what?

EDIT; bugger meant for this to be a multiple choice poll
    Critical Illness
    26.67%
    Income Protection
    0.00%
    A fat warchest
    40.00%
    Andyw's mum will see me alright
    33.33%
    Last edited by SimonMac; 5 February 2019, 17:40.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Where is No Mortgage option?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Living in your car DOES NOT equal no mortgage
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        make sure my arse is covered
        About time too, you dirty beggar.

Comment

What ever protection you go with - under the section of any pre-existing conditions write "see attached" & get a 10 year historical print out from your doctor.

That way if you ever have to (& I hope you don't) claim they cant try the old "well you never told us about that time you went to the Dr with a headache - which obviously was a symptom of xyz"

I don't have any insurance because as soon as I say MDS its assumed that I am about to drop dead & the premium becomes laughable !
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

What Halo said.

One of the main problems I find with these is that when you read the small print they actually do not cover that much

bit like a car warranty - anything which can be put down to 'general wear and tear' is not covered.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

You are right renting a flat over a kebab house is pretty cheap. Is Miss Victoria (aka as "Sticky Vicky") still living in the next door flat.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where are the private medical care and life insurance options?

Income protection I ruled out because of the 'not being able to drive/commute exclusion'.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Spoke to a guy last year who said Income Protection was a bit of a joke for Ltd Co Directors because you'd basically have to exhaust and wind up the business before they'd pay anything.

Dunno how accurate that is, but it kind of makes sense.

I'd like to look into Critical Illness sooner rather than later, especially now the Mrs is a full time mum so will be watching closely.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Spoke to a guy last year who said Income Protection was a bit of a joke for Ltd Co Directors because you'd basically have to exhaust and wind up the business before they'd pay anything.

Dunno how accurate that is, but it kind of makes sense.

I'd like to look into Critical Illness sooner rather than later, especially now the Mrs is a full time mum so will be watching closely.
                    I agree out of the two I would take CI as I thought the bar for income protection for an office worker was very high, working in Oil and Gas or something more physical I could understand, and I know a labourer who has it and uses it once every couple of years (back problems).

Obviously your mileage may vary and speak to someone regulated to give advise, as I'm just some bloke on the internet.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X