• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resign or Bend Over??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Aaah, thanks for pointing out where is the poll button...
    But I made a decision to resign ... well ummm.. then agreed to stay one and not renew as end of contract a couple of months away so if I resigned I would only have left a 3 weeks earlier !
    So come on then what was the bend over or resign dilema?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      So come on then what was the bend over or resign dilema?
      The usual crap one finds at client site... I did bend over many many times int he past, smiled and invoiced ... but dunno the older am getting the less tolerance to bull$h$t I am developing ...
      Throughout my career the tolerance (bending over) graph curve is similar to a standard deviation curve, when I was young and full of idealistic ideas, I had very little tolerance, then I started realising I wont be able to change the world, just do my job, smile and invoice... and now a downhill curve again of just not tolerating any bullsh$t at all...

The oldies around here, anyone went through this?? Is it a phase and I can develop my tolerance again??

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        The usual crap one finds at client site... I did bend over many many times int he past, smiled and invoiced ... but dunno the older am getting the less tolerance to bull$h$t I am developing ...
        Throughout my career the tolerance (bending over) graph curve is similar to a standard deviation curve, when I was young and full of idealistic ideas, I had very little tolerance, then I started realising I wont be able to change the world, just do my job, smile and invoice... and now a downhill curve again of just not tolerating any bullsh$t at all...

The oldies around here, anyone went through this?? Is it a phase and I can develop my tolerance again??
        Yeh with you on this. Can't be arsed these days....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I think you have to apply the SD curve to each client, not a career....

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
            I think you have to apply the SD curve to each client, not a career....
            Good point ... just can't be arsed at this moment, I believe I need a bit of a break, haven't had a proper break (apart from the odd few days/week) for 10 years now.. perhaps after a few months off I will regain my tolerance...
            On the other hand not sure there will be any roles for me after Brexit...

Comment

Working...
            X