• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We drink less, but more of us die from it (or do we?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We drink less, but more of us die from it (or do we?)

Confused by the headlines on alcohol consumption? You should be | Spectator Health

four per cent of drinkers account for 30 per cent of alcohol consumption
    See You Next Tuesday

Do any of them live outside Glasgow?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      Do any of them live outside Glasgow?
      Possibly. But they all die in Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Indeed, it's hard to pinpoint an exact time of death in these cases, and we do have to use the Caledonian Sleeper service for something

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I've got 4 months left.

Comment

"In 2016 there were 7,327 alcohol-specific deaths in the UK, an age-standardised rate of 11.7 deaths per 100,000 population."

Alcohol-specific deaths in the UK - Office for National Statistics

"About 750 patients a month in NHS hospitals are dying unnecessarily, the largest review of “avoidable deaths” has found."

750 avoidable deaths a month in NHS hospitals, study finds | Society | The Guardian

Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              "In 2016 there were 7,327 alcohol-specific deaths in the UK, an age-standardised rate of 11.7 deaths per 100,000 population."

Alcohol-specific deaths in the UK - Office for National Statistics

"About 750 patients a month in NHS hospitals are dying unnecessarily, the largest review of “avoidable deaths” has found."

750 avoidable deaths a month in NHS hospitals, study finds | Society | The Guardian

Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye...
              Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              That's an opinion piece from 2 years ago you complete fandango..
              Hahahahahaha.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The Glasgow stereotype is long dead. Manchester outperforms my home city by a country mile. Außerdem, the foodie options have long improved. On my last visit I was kinda of surprised with the delights on offer.

Want to live longer? Then avoid going to hospitals, people seem to die in them all the time.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X