• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mistaken identity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off on a tangent ... I had to get SC for a role so decided to check with the relevant authorities to see if the misdemeanours of youth were still on record and was surprised to see I was listed for GBH in Castleford

Never been to Castleford & was actually out of the country when the offence was committed

Twots changed it quickly enough but did wonder how it was recorded in the first place
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      You're missing out
      I've considered doing my full bike test a few times, but if I got a bike my better half would never be able to ride on it with me (she's disabled and in a wheelchair) so I'd feel selfish. She wants me to get one so we'll see.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Slightly off on a tangent ... I had to get SC for a role so decided to check with the relevant authorities to see if the misdemeanours of youth were still on record and was surprised to see I was listed for GBH in Castleford

Never been to Castleford & was actually out of the country when the offence was committed

Twots changed it quickly enough but did wonder how it was recorded in the first place
        That's a bit of a worry ... be fine if you'd actually tw@tted someone (there are plenty deserve it). Bit more serious than people just thinking I'm into bikes just because I look like the stereo-typical biker

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          I've considered doing my full bike test a few times, but if I got a bike my better half would never be able to ride on it with me (she's disabled and in a wheelchair) so I'd feel selfish. She wants me to get one so we'll see.
          Go for it! - get a '98 YZF-R1

Comment

Any one ever get a case of mistaken identity?

I have a certain look (shaved head, goaty beard, tattoos - think an English Stone Cold Steve Austin) and when I meet someone for the first time they automatically assume I'm into motorbikes. The number of men who will start to talk about their bikes is quite bizzare!

I even have bikers nod to me when I'm out, acknowledging a fellow 'biker'

For the record, if I ever meet any of you in real life I know next to nothing about Harleys
            That's not mistaken identity, that is Confirmation bias or the tendency to search for, interpret, focus on and remember information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mmmmmmmm.

How much life insurance have you got?

Just askin' like.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Mmmmmmmm.

Just askin' like.
                never mind him,

Go for it! - get a '98 YZF-R1

Comment

What about an adapted sidecar? I can't say I've seen them in the UK much, but I saw several of them when I lived in the US, so I expect they're available here too.

It's worth it. Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    What about an adapted sidecar? I can't say I've seen them in the UK much, but I saw several of them when I lived in the US, so I expect they're available here too.

It's worth it. Honest.
                    Plus, you could get a Ural

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Mmmmmmmm.

Just askin' like.
                      In the medium term, I'm worth more alive than dead. It's when I stop earning contractor rates that I need to worry

Comment

Working...
                      X