• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the Pope gay? Sorry Catholic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Pope gay? Sorry Catholic

Eighty per cent of Vatican priests are gay according to explosive new book | Daily Mail Online

oops

Eighty per cent of Vatican priests are gay according to explosive new book which claims to uncover double lives of homophobic priests who use male prostitutes

• 'In the Closet of the Vatican' claims homophobic priests most likely to be gay
    • 570-page expose to be released next week as Pope holds sex abuse summit
    • Author Frederic Martel said book exposes double life of some senior clerics
    • Found some had discreet relationships with men, while others used prostitutes
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

You sometimes see similar comments about child molesters, that a disproportionate number are gay. As with that article, it's actually about the limited opportunities. Men are not likely to be put in charge of young girls, only boys. Catholic priests in the Vatican do not get the opportunity to get it on with women. Look at the amount of gay sex that goes on in prisons, not because most prisoners are gay, just because they have no women.

If straight hormonal males can't get females they tend to take the next best thing. I call it the The Mobile Syndrome. ...keyholes in the doors,
    And there's knotholes in the floors...

"In Mobile" Song Lyrics and Music Score

PS Oi! that song link doesn't include the bit about girls wearing iron undies and taking them off on Sundays.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 13 February 2019, 09:33.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If it's true it does illustrate, yet again, what a load of carp religion is. It does nothing for human behaviour.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        You sometimes see similar comments about child molesters, that a disproportionate number are gay. As with that article, it's actually about the limited opportunities. Men are not likely to be put in charge of young girls, only boys. Catholic priests in the Vatican do not get the opportunity to get it on with women. Look at the amount of gay sex that goes on in prisons, not because most prisoners are gay, just because they have no women.

If straight hormonal males can't get females they tend to take the next best thing. I call it the The Mobile Syndrome. ...keyholes in the doors,
        And there's knotholes in the floors...

"In Mobile" Song Lyrics and Music Score

PS Oi! that song link doesn't include the bit about girls wearing iron undies and taking them off on Sundays.
        Is that the same for the army too? Do we know any soldiers who are willing to tell the truth? Nah, they'll deny it to protect the truth .... what goes on in a West German shed, stays in a West German shed
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Well there's nothing wrong with being gay. Unless you're catholic, then it's a sin and you will burn in hell.

So you're catholic, you don't fancy girls, you feel ashamed of being gay and your family won't approve. You see the church as an opportunity to live a celibate life where people will respect rather than condemn you.

Not surprising there are a greater than average number of gay priests.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Well there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Joe Root responds to sledging from Windies bowler Shannon Gabriel.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Well there's nothing wrong with being gay. Unless you're catholic, then it's a sin and you will burn in hell.

So you're catholic, you don't fancy girls, you feel ashamed of being gay and your family won't approve. You see the church as an opportunity to live a celibate life where people will respect rather than condemn you.

Not surprising there are a greater than average number of gay priests.
              Says a woman!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Says a woman!
                Says a man!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  Says a man!

Oooh, the virtue is strong in this one...

Seriously Brillo, as an Alpha-Beta you're still gonna be a Beta, you white knighting whimp!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Says a petulant adolescent!

ftfy

Comment

Working...
                    X