• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red flags emerge as Americans' debt load hits another record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red flags emerge as Americans' debt load hits another record

Interesting report from Reuters:

Red flags emerge as Americans' debt load hits another record | Reuters

That's old news

Comment

Prepare protect your wealth, FED is about to destroy the dollar with massive printing. If it din't work last time it'll surely work this time. Little wonder China is buying up gold by the bucket load. US dollar reserve status is dead.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Prepare protect your wealth, FED is about to destroy the dollar with massive printing. If it din't work last time it'll surely work this time. Little wonder China is buying up gold by the bucket load. US dollar reserve status is dead.
        I protected my wealth, I put all my money into BitCoin....

Comment

goodman - albeit, there might be more bargains to come...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm not surprised their debt is at an all time high. Their economy is booming while their unemployment is at a record low.

Debt "It has risen consistently since 2013", yes but it is the same as 2008 when household debt matched GDP. Now the HD is about 70% of GDP and dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I'm not surprised their debt is at an all time high. Their economy is booming while their unemployment is at a record low.
              I don't believe the employment stats coming out of the US for a minute. US colleagues I'm working with don't either, in providing their own family accounts, the figures are being grossly manipulated. To what end though? If you've visited the US recently, like Sans san Francisco, Portland, once very wealthy cities you'll now be shocked to see how rundown they've become.

Comment

Its not debt. Its investment in the future. The USA is boomed.

Comment

A booming economy and rising debt levels is a very bad sign.

Germany receives EUR 10 billion more in taxes than it spends
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    A booming economy and rising debt levels is a very bad sign.

Germany receives EUR 10 billion more in taxes than it spends
                    It's going to need that money to prop up the rest of the EU.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X