• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psychopaths.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I assume this poster was having a bit of a wind up. Pretty sad if hes serious.
    Nah, I've met people who only read technical books.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Most disturbing book I've read recently is

IT Governance (6th Edition)

by Calder and Watkins

Still not sure who did what to whom, where

it involved lever arch files in the QA office.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Here's a disturbing read..

Manifesto - The Labour Party

Comment

Most shocking book? Probably The Bible. It’s probably also the book responsible for the most deaths worldwide throughout history.
          Mostly because people seem not to have read it, but claim they have, or take parts of it out of context if it suits them, while ignoring the more important sections.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Most shocking book? Probably The Bible. It’s probably also the book responsible for the most deaths worldwide throughout history.
            Mostly because people seem not to have read it, but claim they have, or take parts of it out of context if it suits them, while ignoring the more important sections.
            Those JWs never did come back to reconcile 'God is love' with God killing the first born sons of Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I assume this poster was having a bit of a wind up. Pretty sad if hes serious.
              No I'm serious, but I didn't mention that I have two small children who are first in line with love and attention when I'm done with all those things I need to do to keep the food on the table etc.

I'll read fiction again when I retire.

Comment

The Quran wins that title. I think you are taking the Eurocentric view of history.

Mind you, always debatable in religious wars that the motive is anything less than a simple asset and wealth grab with godless intent.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  The Quran wins that title. I think you are taking the Eurocentric view of history.
                  I don’t think so - I didn’t say “Christianity”
                  Look at the number of deaths in the Bible.
                  Look at the religious/ethnic groups that hold on to it (whether they just hold on to the Torah, the Old Testament, the New Testament or some specific part). How many of those people have died or have killed others as a result of believing what they have read in it?
                  And it’s as a result of a story in the Bible that hatred between the descendants of Abraham occurred and continues to this day.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The numbers described in the OT are tiny, even by ancient standards. You need to learn some Persian history.

Nobody can be certain but estimates for Islam stand at around 270 million to date.

Current death rate is 84,000 per year.

Islamist extremism caused 84,000 deaths worldwide in 2017, new report says - CBS News

I do however still maintain that it is fatuous to blame religion as motives are often speculative.

Comment

I don’t think so - I didn’t say “Christianity”
                      Look at the number of deaths in the Bible.
                      Look at the religious/ethnic groups that hold on to it (whether they just hold on to the Torah, the Old Testament, the New Testament or some specific part). How many of those people have died or have killed others as a result of believing what they have read in it?
                      And it’s as a result of a story in the Bible that hatred between the descendants of Abraham occurred and continues to this day.
                      Look at that good Christian nation of the land of the free (USA) and the number of deaths they have, and that's just shooting each other in the street!

Comment

Working...
                      X