Psychopaths..... Psychopaths..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 24

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    I assume this poster was having a bit of a wind up. Pretty sad if hes serious.
    Nah, I've met people who only read technical books.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Most disturbing book I've read recently is

IT Governance (6th Edition)

by Calder and Watkins

Still not sure who did what to whom, where

it involved lever arch files in the QA office.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

Here's a disturbing read..

Manifesto - The Labour Party

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Most shocking book? Probably The Bible. It’s probably also the book responsible for the most deaths worldwide throughout history.
    Mostly because people seem not to have read it, but claim they have, or take parts of it out of context if it suits them, while ignoring the more important sections.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Most shocking book? Probably The Bible. It’s probably also the book responsible for the most deaths worldwide throughout history.
    Mostly because people seem not to have read it, but claim they have, or take parts of it out of context if it suits them, while ignoring the more important sections.
    Those JWs never did come back to reconcile 'God is love' with God killing the first born sons of Egypt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    I assume this poster was having a bit of a wind up. Pretty sad if hes serious.
    No I'm serious, but I didn't mention that I have two small children who are first in line with love and attention when I'm done with all those things I need to do to keep the food on the table etc.

I'll read fiction again when I retire.

Fingers like lightning

The Quran wins that title. I think you are taking the Eurocentric view of history.

Mind you, always debatable in religious wars that the motive is anything less than a simple asset and wealth grab with godless intent.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    The Quran wins that title. I think you are taking the Eurocentric view of history.
    I don’t think so - I didn’t say “Christianity”
    Look at the number of deaths in the Bible.
    Look at the religious/ethnic groups that hold on to it (whether they just hold on to the Torah, the Old Testament, the New Testament or some specific part). How many of those people have died or have killed others as a result of believing what they have read in it?
    And it’s as a result of a story in the Bible that hatred between the descendants of Abraham occurred and continues to this day.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Fingers like lightning

The numbers described in the OT are tiny, even by ancient standards. You need to learn some Persian history.

Nobody can be certain but estimates for Islam stand at around 270 million to date.

Current death rate is 84,000 per year.

Islamist extremism caused 84,000 deaths worldwide in 2017, new report says - CBS News

I do however still maintain that it is fatuous to blame religion as motives are often speculative.

Contractor Among Contractors

Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee

I don’t think so - I didn’t say “Christianity”
    Look at the number of deaths in the Bible.
    Look at the religious/ethnic groups that hold on to it (whether they just hold on to the Torah, the Old Testament, the New Testament or some specific part). How many of those people have died or have killed others as a result of believing what they have read in it?
    And it’s as a result of a story in the Bible that hatred between the descendants of Abraham occurred and continues to this day.
    Look at that good Christian nation of the land of the free (USA) and the number of deaths they have, and that's just shooting each other in the street!