• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well we knew it was coming.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I wonder about this "snowflakes" thing. I expect some people have got unduly outraged about all sorts of things since time began, their views just didn't get heard across the world. And isn't getting so worked up about snowflakes a bit... snowflakey?
    My observation is that this stuff is mostly in the media and popular culture, go out into the real world and everything is quite normal. I'm going to start ignoring all the online noise about it - until I get profiled for mandatory diversity training or discriminated against for having 'white male privelidge' I'm going to start letting it go.

Smell those roses - they want to be smelt fellas - they live for it
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Outrage as expert claims Valentine's Day cards are a form of harassment on GMB - AOL

Surely in the early stages of getting to know someone you are 'cold calling'

Or are you suppose to follow the object of your intentions around being their friend until what you trip, fall over and land in her pussy/on his duck?

Fooking shambles
      I love this women and the more we can get rid of this rubbish day the better.
      And yes I did forget it was valentines day.

Comment

Does anyone actually give out anonymous Valentine's Day cards?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Just because you don't get them doesn't mean it doesn't happen
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Just because you don't get them doesn't mean it doesn't happen
            Happily married man here. Just wondering what the big wide world is like.

Comment

Happily married man here. Just wondering what the big wide world is like.
              Happily? Really. I've read your posts.

Comment

I think you'll find it's a young person thing.

Exactly. Gammonflake is the word you're looking for. Look at how worked up the Mail gets about libraries cancelling Christmas and Winterval etc. Let them get on with it and have a laugh at their expense. Keeps them off the streets.
                I like that, it would make a great name for a pub snack.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  I think you'll find it's a young person thing.

I like that, it would make a great name for a pub snack.
                  Two pints of lager and a packet of gammonflakes please.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Erm don't pork scratchings already exist?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Erm don't pork scratchings already exist?
                      I can imagine the outrage in the shire pubs if they were ever rebranded.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X