• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regulation to combat fake news, say MPs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't you get toilet paper with politicians' faces printed on the sheets?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Why can't you get toilet paper with politicians' faces printed on the sheets?
      Winston Churchill is on a £5 note, use that - it probably skids worse than IZAL so be careful. It is washable though...
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Who decides what is true and what is fake?
        Reason and Evidence

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
          Reason and Evidence
          That is 'how', not 'who'.

Comment

We could just educate people to look at the sources of their news and evaluate for themselves.

I remember studying for a degree and a person tried to quote the Sun in a paper as evidence for their argument. He wasn't the only one not sure why quoting the Sun was not evidence of a truth or fact.

It had to be explained to him in slow words that peer reviewed evidence is better than the Sun. Though to be fair, I imagine these days I would even question academic papers, their sources and goals.

Comment

Ah - the Re-Edukation Camps...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                We could just educate people to look at the sources of their news and evaluate for themselves.

I remember studying for a degree and a person tried to quote the Sun in a paper as evidence for their argument. He wasn't the only one not sure why quoting the Sun was not evidence of a truth or fact.

It had to be explained to him in slow words that peer reviewed evidence is better than the Sun. Though to be fair, I imagine these days I would even question academic papers, their sources and goals.
                Future funding and the career aims of the author(s). At a guess.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Future funding and the career aims of the author(s). At a guess.
                  If only.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    The Moderators of course!
                    Fake news.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X