• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depriving British citizens of their British citizenship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    opps I am agreeing with NAT
    I always knew there was hope for you.

According to the Times this morning.

"Shamima Begum, the Isis bride stripped of her British citizenship, is stateless after Bangladesh declared that she had no claim there either."

So it looks even more likely that Javid has acted unlawfully.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Depriving British citizens of their British citizenship

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I always knew there was hope for you.

According to the Times this morning.

"Shamima Begum, the Isis bride stripped of her British citizenship, is stateless after Bangladesh declared that she had no claim there either."

So it looks even more likely that Javid has acted unlawfully.
      Well, in that case it looks like Sajid will need to follow the strategy that he wrote last year in the Home Office counter terrorism strategy, instead of playing to the right wingers and Daily Mail / Sun mob.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ST_3.0_WEB.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        oh, look! - here's lord hawhaw again
        Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Superb. Another Brexit dividend.

I suppose if we want to replicate your return from a national IQ perspective we could just import a retarded guppy fish.

Oh look, a couple of members of the CUK Circle Jerk committee, who gets the biscuit first?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Pretty much agreed with this piece written before her citizenship was revoked

The Observer view on Shamima Begum | Observer editorial | Opinion | The Guardian

She is a problem created in Britain, and should be dealt with here. Apart from anything else, finding out how she was radicalised in the first place could help prevent the same being done to other children.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Pretty much agreed with this piece written before her citizenship was revoked

The Observer view on Shamima Begum | Observer editorial | Opinion | The Guardian

She is a problem created in Britain, and should be dealt with here. Apart from anything else, finding out how she was radicalised in the first place could help prevent the same being done to other children.
            I disagree. She may have resided in Britain whilst she was radicalised, but she is a product of unregulated social media and a problem created by Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. If we want to assign blame lets do it properly people.

Following your argument through as the problem was created by social media she should be sent round to Mark Zuckerberg's house to live.

Comment

People are missing the point talking about the law, decisions on evidence blah blah blah. The point is there were a lot angry comments in the Daily Mail and Sajid Javid has read them and acted on them. Is he leadership material ?

I do wonder why bother with the expense of a bureaucratic judiciary when when everyone has a TV and an internet connection and can see all the evidence on Info Wars.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                ... she should be sent round to Mark Zuckerberg's house to live.
                Creative thinking. I like it.

Apparently around 400 Britons who joined ISIS have returned to the UK - most of them men. Yet the home secretary picks on the woman with a newborn to make an example of. I suspect misogyny
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Apparently around 400 Britons who joined ISIS have returned to the UK - most of them men. Yet the home secretary picks on the woman with a newborn to make an example of. I suspect misogyny
                  There were no comments on the Daily Mail web site nor was there a TV interview.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

What is the difference between Shamima Begum and E.T. ?

E.T. got to go home.

Comment

Unfortunately she is a victim of her own infamy. If she ha tried to slip back in quietly no one would be any the wiser, but the media went looking for her and she courted the media in an attempt speed up her repatriation, which has back-fired massively. Her initial interviews with the press when she equated the Manchester terrorist bombing to the bombing on Isis in Syria, and publicly stated that she had no regrets and only supported SOME British values was her undoing. Now, after being told she is losing her British citizenship she is full of remorse and has come out with a story about torture and terror within Isis. if she had come out with this from the start then she might have had a small chance of some public sympathy, but now we don't know what it the truth behind her story which seems to change from day to day. She should have kept her gob shut, lay low and she would have been back in the UK before anyone was the wiser. Typical millennial, incapable of playing the long game.
                      The lesson is: If you court the media expect to get burnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X