• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depriving British citizens of their British citizenship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depriving British citizens of their British citizenship

What do experts think of revoking Shamima Begum's citizenship? | UK news | The Guardian

My view - totally abhorrent unBritish practice that goes against rule of law - if she is guilty of anythung then on return she should be charged and get fair trial.

The only valid reason for withholding British citizenship if naturalized citizen had material lie on application .

What do "experts" think?...........................you mean what do selective Grauniad supporting liberal appeaseniks think?

You sound a bit worried alexei? Did you book those "cultural sightseeing trips" to Salisbury on your company credit card?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes, I am worried - if they do deprive (stupid) teenage girl who just gave birth (to British citizen!) of her British citizenship (which she appears to have acquired at birth, rather than even been naturalised like me) then they can do it to anybody.

If she is guilty of any UK laws the she should be prosecuted, this should not be political decision no matter how justified it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What do experts think of revoking Shamima Begum's citizenship? | UK news | The Guardian

My view - totally abhorrent unBritish practice that goes against rule of law - if she is guilty of anythung then on return she should be charged and get fair trial.

The only valid reason for withholding British citizenship if naturalized citizen had material lie on application .
        Presumably there will be no complaints when other countries strip their citizens of citizenship, to stop the UK from deporting them after committing serious crimes.

Comment

Let’s see if any of the guys who ar against “retrospective” laws will turn up here supporting me, anybody?

Comment

Let’s see if any of the guys who ar against “retrospective” laws will turn up here supporting me, anybody?
            I'll support you alexei. You may be an idiot, but you are OUR idiot!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Presumably there will be no complaints when other countries strip their citizens of citizenship, to stop the UK from deporting them after committing serious crimes.
              That won’t be in newspapers to embarass Home Office minister who wants to look tough in order to become PM.

btw, if she was killed by British airstrike on ISIS that did not specifically target her (as she looks stupid rarher than dangerous), then I’d be fine with it - she had chosen her fate and it would not have been illegal and blatantly wrong move

Comment

What retrospective laws? There was one about historic war crimes, and possibly another about child abuse overseas. Are people against those or are there others I am unaware of?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  And therein lies the rub. If we can "do this", every other country can, and it may well come back to bite us very hard on the arse. Still, I'm sure the politicians will have a pithy answer, if and when that time comes...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    And therein lies the rub. If we can "do this", every other country can, and it may well come back to bite us very hard on the arse.
                    You mean when they repatriate the likes of OG, scooty, darmy, and Nat??

Comment

Working...
                    X