• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby Saturday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent match from the stands. Sinckler needs to grow up and stop leading with the shoulder or grabbing people by the neck. Either that or he should not be playing rugby.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      There is only one team in it and they will be wearing white.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
      This aged well......

Comment

In the last couple of matches England have failed to score more than 3 points in the final 20 minutes. Either they run out of steam, run out of ambition or run out of ideas.
        Their new plan worked against Ireland as it was unexpected and Ireland didn't adapt to it quickly. Once Ireland were on the back foot, it was going to be a struggle to come back.
        Against France, England won but didn't capitalise on it towards the end
        Against Wales, their tactics didn't work and they didn't have a Plan B.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We don't wanna be your enemy,
          But when we're on the field,
          It's red, white and green,

Get beat by the Irish,
          Get beat by the Scots,
          The French ought'ta struggle,
          But you're the one we want,
          We want...

As long as we beat the English,
          As long as we beat the English,
          As long as we beat the English, we don't care
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            It would be great if England could get a bonus point against Wales. They did against France and Ireland. And are almost guaranteed against Scotland and Italy.

On the other hand, it would be nice for Wales to win. They don't get much to celebrate. And it seems to mean so much to them. And they always have an excuse why they lost - they can never appreciate a good game. It must be horrid to be that sad as a country.
            Nearly got a losing bonus point!

Once again with England lack of "bottle" and "dog" I'm afraid.....

Comment

There is only one team in it and they will be wearing white.[emoji3]
              [/URL]
              It all went wrong when your best player stopped making an effort and began to referee the game fairly
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

It really amuses me the number of England supporters blaming their team for not playing as well as they could. They weren't allowed to, that's the whole point: for example, pointless having the best kicker in the world if he only has three penalties to work with, or the best drift defence if the attack is all inside lines and hand-offs rather than dangerous passes, or some of the best wingers if they never see the ball. I mean, 35 phases without a single error and a try at the end?

Even Jones said they were beaten by a better team. Wales are seriously good right now, live with it. Let's hope it lasts to the end of the year!
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  It really amuses me the number of England supporters blaming their team for not playing as well as they could. They weren't allowed to, that's the whole point: for example, pointless having the best kicker in the world if he only has three penalties to work with, or the best drift defence if the attack is all inside lines and hand-offs rather than dangerous passes, or some of the best wingers if they never see the ball. I mean, 35 phases without a single error and a try at the end?

Even Jones said they were beaten by a better team. Wales are seriously good right now, live with it. Let's hope it lasts to the end of the year!
                  As a welshman, I'd say we're not that good. Our lineout was joke - not going to beat new zealand with a lineout like that.

We are a very resilient side these days. No more 40 point tumpings like in the past.

BUT there is no doubt that the "cardiff factor" and the "playing england" factor is huge. Alas, for england, despite being the best team by miles mostly, there is still the factor that they just do not have the bottle or heart for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    As a welshman, I'd say we're not that good. Our lineout was joke - not going to beat new zealand with a lineout like that.

We are a very resilient side these days. No more 40 point tumpings like in the past.

BUT there is no doubt that the "cardiff factor" and the "playing england" factor is huge. Alas, for england, despite being the best team by miles mostly, there is still the factor that they just do not have the bottle or heart for a fight.
                    We were resoundly beaten by the better team in the 2nd half. It didn't help that our kick and run game only served to give you the ball back each time you lost it. We seemed to lack ideas in the 2nd half and gave away far too many penalties. You cannot afford to give penalties away at international test level. Wales punished us for it, the southern hemisphere team will annihilate us for it.

Comment

We were resoundly beaten by the better team in the 2nd half. It didn't help that our kick and run game only served to give you the ball back each time you lost it. We seemed to lack ideas in the 2nd half and gave away far too many penalties. You cannot afford to give penalties away at international test level. Wales punished us for it, the southern hemisphere team will annihilate us for it.
                      WHS.

England have more than enough talent to win with, all they have to do is work out how to get the ball to them. Kicking it to the opposition - especially one as capable as the Welsh back three - is simply stupid. But then stupidity has long been a key element of the English game, they're brilliant until their plan stops working (or is found out) and then they are lost. The ABs and SA win because they have a dozen players on the park who can think like a No 10 when they have to. And can you really see Tuliagi having the vision to do what Basteraud did to the Italian half-backs, chipping ahead and recovering his own ball on the fly?
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X