• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depriving CUK netizens of their CUK netizenship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Hmm, ideas obtained from North Korea or possibly the Stasi or even further back. No surprise there
    Wasn't the Stasi dissolved (1990) before the internet went public (1991)?

Never let facts get in the way of smearing someone, eh darmy? No surprise there
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Funnily enough, before the internet, it was possible to obtain information. Maybe you can do a school project on it when you reach the puberty.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Weird that because I was using the Internet in '89. Ever heard of networks like JANET, EARN, BITNET even The World or was the Internet a hidden secret until 1991?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Weird that because I was using the Internet in '89. Ever heard of networks like JANET, EARN, BITNET even The World or was the Internet a hidden secret until 1991?
          and CIX and Demon

Comment

FiDOnet...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Funnily enough, before the internet, it was possible to obtain information. Maybe you can do a school project on it when you reach the puberty.
              Indeed, but before the internet, they couldn't use internet-based means (like the ones I suggested), therefore the comment about them being Stasi ideas is particularly quaint and was called out accordingly.

HTH

PS. There's no need for you to make erroneous assumptions about my age, academic phase & sexual maturity progression btw.
              Not even sure why you're thinking about that tbh, perhaps it's because you're Not All There...
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Tell me more about how a (modern) Global IP blocking list, would work with regards to a couple of unlinked corporate networks...in the way I suggested CUK would implement. Were they used by unemployed civilians?

Do you think maybe, just maybe, you're comparing apples to oranges?

History books & Wikipedia are available for you to find the answer to your last question btw.
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Tell me more about how a (modern) Global IP blocking list, would work with regards to a couple of unlinked corporate networks...in the way I suggested CUK would implement. Were they used by unemployed civilians?

Do you think maybe, just maybe, you're comparing apples to oranges?

History books & Wikipedia are available for you to find the answer to your last question btw.
                  You have been proven wrong so now you come up with more absolute bollocks, just bugger off
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You have been proven wrong so now you come up with more absolute bollocks, just bugger off
                    Most of the networks you listed weren't open to the public, only to academics and/or employees of the corporate organisations that created/ran them.

Apples to Oranges

What date/year was 'The Internet' (World Wide Web) made public, to everyone globally?

At least NAT tried to address the substance of my post, rather than being a tedious pedant vis-a-vis 'The Internet' vs 'The World Wide Web', like you have.

Remember, I replied;
                    Originally posted by Bean
                    before the internet went public (1991)?
                    So how about YOU bugger off instead?
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Indeed, but before the internet, they couldn't use internet-based means (like the ones I suggested), therefore the comment about them being Stasi ideas is particularly quaint and was called out accordingly.

HTH

PS. There's no need for you to make erroneous assumptions about my age, academic phase & sexual maturity progression btw.
                      Not even sure why you're thinking about that tbh, perhaps it's because you're Not All There...
                      Why would NAT being making erroneous assumptions?

Comment

Working...
                      X