• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Managers behaving badly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS Managers behaving badly

Fairly typical case highlighted in Private Eye: Stop toxic NHS Management culture harming staff and patients
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Fairly typical case highlighted in Private Eye: Stop toxic NHS Management culture harming staff and patients
    What do you expect from anyone with the word "manager" in their job title. Managing people is easy, providing leadership is where the real skill lies.

Comment

First step, but significant. Don't know if any of you were moved to contribute, but regardless - good news.

Tuesday was very daunting but I was accompanied by my wonderful legal team, my solicitor Jahad Rahman, my counsel James Laddie QC, my husband John and supporters including Dr David Drew and Andrew Ward.

Judge Howard took most of the morning reading through the substantial bundle and witness statements and we began cross-examinations at 1.30pm. I didn't find the cross-examination as bad as I had expected, the fact is, if you are telling the truth it's not difficult at all; mistakes were made by the Trust's barrister which didn't improve her credibility. The whole of the Trust's presentation was weak and ill-prepared and the witness they provided was not involved with the NDA at all, suggesting that those who were involved were keeping a low profile.

Judge Howard did not keep us waiting long for her verdict stating that she had heard my testimony and had believed every word of it. She referred to the Employment Rights Act declaring that the Non Disclosure Agreement which I had been pressurised into signing in 2015 was not legally binding. She also refused to strike out several other issues that I had included in my claim and would not impose deposit orders either.

In summary the Judge has cleared me to proceed to my full hearing presenting all detrimental treatment towards me from the time it first started, in 2012, when I first raised patient safety concerns. This ruling allows me to speak out about the toxic management culture which is silencing many genuine concerned HCPs

I hope that this outcome will help other employees in a similar positions feel that there is support for them and that they should get proper advice, not necessarily from their union, before signing any agreement. This is especially if this has been proposed in order to cover up bad practice/management or bullying/detriment to staff.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X