Chlorine Chlorine - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Chlorine

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    OR KFC is fantastic.

But their fries are terrible, the bread on the burgers is terrible, the salad on the burgers is terrible and you get pepsi.
    The fries are terrible - bring back the old fries.

The bread and salad are passable but not great.

Nowt wrong with pepsi.

Fingers like lightning

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    If you don't trust something, don't eat/order it.
    I keep getting chicken breast that smells (and tastes like the smell of) wet dog. Most off putting, but since there's nothing else in the fridge and everything is shut, I eat it anyhow and spend the next 24 hours cr@pping myself about campylobacter poisoning...

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I keep getting chicken breast that smells (and tastes like the smell of) wet dog. Most off putting, but since there's nothing else in the fridge and everything is shut, I eat it anyhow and spend the next 24 hours cr@pping myself about campylobacter poisoning...
    Or simply cr@pping yourself.
    "Boom! Boom!" - B. Brush

I live on CUK

Old Greg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    That's a bad sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Should post faster

tazdevil is a permanent contractor

Nothing wrong with chlorine washed chicken. If there was why aren't people complaining about chlorine washed fruit and veg? Millennial vegies and vegans must be consuming lots of chlorine washed stuff It's not the chlorine washing but the idea that it allows low standards in the processing plants due to the chlorine wash being effective. But what about vegie processing facilities, doesn't the same argument apply? Low standards can easily be tackled with proper regulatory and inspection regimes which already exist

Super poster

meridian is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Nothing wrong with chlorine washed chicken. If there was why aren't people complaining about chlorine washed fruit and veg? Millennial vegies and vegans must be consuming lots of chlorine washed stuff It's not the chlorine washing but the idea that it allows low standards in the processing plants due to the chlorine wash being effective. But what about vegie processing facilities, doesn't the same argument apply? Low standards can easily be tackled with proper regulatory and inspection regimes which already exist
    It’s not quite as simple as that. What are the differences in ppm between salads and chicken? What is the purpose of each type of wash (general antibacterial for salads as well as being packed in protective atmosphere to prolong life, vs deep antibacterial for salmonella / ecoli for chicken).

It’s not just low USA standards in processing plants. They’re only now coming out of a food poisoning crisis in lettuce due to farmers spraying crops with slurry. Not that we’ll be importing lettuce from them, but their lower standards start at the farm.

I’d prefer our standards to be science-based (and there is definitely room for our regulations and standards to move, eg for GMOs), not just on where food is cheaper.

Super poster

Low standards can easily be tackled with proper regulatory and inspection regimes which already exist
    Those are called “higher standards”.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

I did feel that the excuse used by the EU that it would lead to lower hygiene standards sounded a bit like rubbish.

If you have hygiene standards they should be adhered too - if what the EU are actually telling us is that they cannot police their food stuffs correctly well that is a different discussion altogether.

More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

When salmonella infested American chickens flood in, there will be no inspections.

I'm alright Jack

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    If you have hygiene standards they should be adhered too - if what the EU are actually telling us is that they cannot police their food stuffs correctly well that is a different discussion altogether.
    You really don’t know how anything works, do you, and all you see is “The EU” as a bogeyman. No wonder the Daily Mail is so successful in this country.

“The EU” don’t police hygiene standards, that is up to Member States to enforce. Within the UK that is the Food Standards Agency.