• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When client manager says "maybe we should do a 1-2-1"!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When client manager says "maybe we should do a 1-2-1"!!!!

Aaarrgghhhhhh.

Obsessed with this sort of thing even more in the public sector it seems. Tried telling the guy its completely pointless but hes cracking on with it.

Hey ho. Inside IR35 so thats not an issue but still.... Smile and put up with I suppose.

Managers seems to like their power in the public sector...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Can we move this unending tedium to General please?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Aaarrgghhhhhh.

Obsessed with this sort of thing even more in the public sector it seems. Tried telling the guy its completely pointless but hes cracking on with it.

Hey ho. Inside IR35 so thats not an issue but still.... Smile and put up with I suppose.

Managers seems to like their power in the public sector...
      I would be very wary of spending time alone in a room with someone who is keen to spend time alone in a room with you.

Comment

maybe he's overwhelmed by your gladiatorial rad bleeding skills

Comment

Are you sure you heard it correctly, and he didn't say 1-on-1
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I thought you were inside anyway? Shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I thought you were inside anyway? Shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference
              How long do you get for a benefit fraud third offence?

Comment

In my last role I was asked to undertake all the performance management and team objectives stuff. I had to politely advise them that this was not going to happen as I am not a permie

Comment

What makes me laugh is that often these 'managers' are so useless and simply follow the rules and kiss arse that they cannot even comprehend why have a 1-2-1 with a contractor is a huge waste of time.

I think their thought process must be something like

person working for me - therefore must assert dominance - therefore must write things down.

The concept that you are employed to a add value seems to escape people like this - but to be fair they also do not really understand what adding value is either so...

Comment

Depends how you use it, I guess. I don't mind an occasional catch up to make sure we're all on the same page, they're happy etc. Doesn't need to be formalised or objective-based, it's just good old fashioned client relationship management.

I used to have an account management type job where a substantial portion (Probably 25%) was literally just going to have a coffee with customers - no agenda, no sales, just a catch up.

Comment

Working...
                    X