Ingenious Ingenious
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ingenious

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Default Ingenious

“Three law firms, Stewarts Law, Peters & Peters and Mishcon de Reya, are taking claims worth an estimated £220m against Ingenious and other parties involved in the scheme to recover the money investors have repaid the taxman.

Those being sued range from the financial advisers who they say mis-sold the investments, to banks that lent money to Ingenious, enabling them to make the losses.

Big banks including Coutts and UBS are among those being pursued over claims that their advisers sold the scheme without giving proper warning of the risks involved, while HSBC is being sued by investors who say that it was in a conspiracy with the firm over loans.

David Pickstone, a partner and head of tax litigation at Stewarts Law, said his firm was acting for more than 250 clients suing Ingenious for fraud in the high court in relation to these schemes in an attempt to recover £100m of losses.”

Beckham-backed film funding firm to begin appeal against HMRC | Politics | The Guardian

Now that’s a Big Group!

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    “Three law firms, Stewarts Law, Peters & Peters and Mishcon de Reya, are taking claims worth an estimated £220m against Ingenious and other parties involved in the scheme to recover the money investors have repaid the taxman.

Those being sued range from the financial advisers who they say mis-sold the investments, to banks that lent money to Ingenious, enabling them to make the losses.

Big banks including Coutts and UBS are among those being pursued over claims that their advisers sold the scheme without giving proper warning of the risks involved, while HSBC is being sued by investors who say that it was in a conspiracy with the firm over loans.

David Pickstone, a partner and head of tax litigation at Stewarts Law, said his firm was acting for more than 250 clients suing Ingenious for fraud in the high court in relation to these schemes in an attempt to recover £100m of losses.”

Beckham-backed film funding firm to begin appeal against HMRC | Politics | The Guardian

Now that’s a Big Group!
    Now things start to get interesting...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

"Many of these have now been legally challenged and shut down, with the then HMRC boss Dave Hartnett describing them in 2012 as ‘scams for scumbags’."

Tax avoidance firm faces closure as HMRC probes investors - Citywire

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Ingenuous would be more accurate.

If the schemes were always legal, what is the basis for legal action? How were honest scheme providers to know that Parliament would one day legislate to tax outstanding loan amounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

HMRC can not be seen to lose this kind of case, they won't care how much it costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.