• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liability Order - any adverse effects?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liability Order - any adverse effects?

I understand that if you get a council tax liability order it does not go on your credit record and does not give you a criminal record but I'm wondering if there are any more subtle adverse effects?

i.e. will it hamper or block you contracting with say
    - financial services firms? (i recall there being some concern about liquidations voluntary or otherwise affecting this)
    -The home office?
    -Mi5 ? Etc

Can it ever be legitmately viewed in a subsequent court action against you as meaning you "have previous"?

Originally posted by MrC View Post
    I understand that if you get a council tax liability order it does not go on your credit record and does not give you a criminal record but I'm wondering if there are any more subtle adverse effects?

i.e. will it hamper or block you contracting with say
    - financial services firms? (i recall there being some concern about liquidations voluntary or otherwise affecting this)
    -The home office?
    -Mi5 ? Etc

Can it ever be legitmately viewed in a subsequent court action against you as meaning you "have previous"?
    Not quite, but you can be sent to prison for non-payment plus once the council have a libility order they can then get a CCJ.

Buy this book and read it. I won a case using the info.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Council-Tax.../dp/1910715441

Council Tax Handbook Paperback – 4 Dec 2018/9
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Not quite, but you can be sent to prison for non-payment plus once the council have a libility order they can then get a CCJ.

Buy this book and read it. I won a case using the info.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Council-Tax.../dp/1910715441

Council Tax Handbook Paperback – 4 Dec 2018/9
      He can't afford to pay his council tax, what makes you think he can afford the book?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I'm not concerned about non- payment as it was basically given due to sloppy behaviours/errors on the part of the council. The council now accpet that it's not my bill to pay but mindful that the court records don't reflect this.

Hence wondering how shirty /legal i should be getting with their sorry ar5es.

Comment

Originally posted by MrC View Post
          I'm not concerned about non- payment as it was basically given due to sloppy behaviours/errors on the part of the council. The council now accpet that it's not my bill to pay but mindful that the court records don't reflect this.

Hence wondering how shirty /legal i should be getting with their sorry ar5es.
          I you buy the f***ing book it will tel you!
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Looked at the amazon link but fear I'd be asleep before i found out the answer

Comment

Calm down dear, it's only an internet troll.

You strike me as being a very angry young man.

Try these people...

I think you need this

https://For Brexiters
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X