• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acid attack on his own child

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acid attack on his own child

The despicable man who had acid thrown over his own 3-year old in an effort to show his ex-wife was a bad mother has been jailed for 16 years. About 16 years too short IMO.

Born in Afghanistan, anyone know if he can be lawfully deported? (I.e. not British, or sole citizenship is British). I do hope so.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Yes but why would we?

You are probably being racist as it's part of his religion or something.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yes but why would we?
      It's the right thing to do with someone who doesn't adhere to our cultural expectations - and commits a grevous crime because of it. Obviously only where there's a firm legal basis for it.

You are probably being racist as it's part of his religion or something.
      I don't think it's part of Islam. Definitely part of Afghani (and surrounding regions') culture. Also among non-Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It's the right thing to do with someone who doesn't adhere to our cultural expectations - and commits a grevous crime because of it. Obviously only where there's a firm legal basis for it.

I don't think it's part of Islam. Definitely part of Afghani (and surrounding regions') culture. Also among non-Muslims.
        Islam is very misogynistic and almost certainly helped shape his world view on matters pertaining women and children.

How dare a Western liberal legal system undermine his cultural beliefs fostered in part by Islam.

Comment

But it's not the first time that culturural difference have lead to crime which has then been swept under the carpet because to prosecute the crime you have to call out that those cultural differences which are an integral part of that culture are not acceptable in the UK.

Because then you is a racist innit.

Comment

Cultural you say?

How often do we hear about people in the west who kill themselves after killing their children to punnish a spouse or evade admitting to some failure?

Too many people these days lack moral fibre and believe their children to be their possessions, to do with as they will.

Comment

I think you will find a lot of human rights lawyers that would prevent such a deportation (with legal aid footing the bill of course).

Bizarrely they would use the child in his defence (i.e. he cannot be parted from his children here).

PS even to think of such a course is utterly racist and you should feel deeply ashamed and think about a grovelling apology to this "man"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I think you will find a lot of human rights lawyers that would prevent such a deportation (with legal aid footing the bill of course).

Bizarrely they would use the child in his defence (i.e. he cannot be parted from his children here).
                You may well be proved right. But over 5000 EU citizens were deported in 2017, so there's hope that even if they fight it, the deportation arguments will prevail.

PS even to think of such a course is utterly racist and you should feel deeply ashamed and think about a grovelling apology to this "man"
                Only if you're woke. I'm surprised Titania McGrath hasn't tweeted about it already.

I'm stubbornly sticking to being slept.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  Cultural you say?

How often do we hear about people in the west who kill themselves after killing their children to punnish a spouse or evade admitting to some failure?

Too many people these days lack moral fibre and believe their children to be their possessions, to do with as they will.
                  Such as this:

Ex-science teacher 'researched suicide methods then drowned her daughter in the bath' | Daily Mail Online

Comment

You may well be proved right. But over 5000 EU citizens were deported in 2017, so there's hope that even if they fight it, the deportation arguments will prevail.

Only if you're woke. I'm surprised Titania McGrath hasn't tweeted about it already.

I'm stubbornly sticking to being slept.
                    How many came right back?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X