• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free mortgage advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free mortgage advice?

Hi, small time lurker here.

Fairly new back to the contracting world and need some advice please.

I was mid property purchase when the chain broke down, the surveyor found japanese knotweed on a related property and the seller of the house I wanted has now decided to stay put until after Brexit.

I have now found another house I want 3 properties away from the original house and had my offer accepted, but my mortgage offer has run out. I've spoken to Santander about renewing it for a different property as they are similarly priced but becuase of my new position they want me to give them 2 years accounts or an accountants certificate. I was previously paid through my umbrella but this time have set up my own company so cannot provide accounts! I wrongly assumed that becuase my mortgage had already been agreed I could simply change the property and continue as before. Cue PANIC

I've yesterday and this morning explained my situation to 2 different mortgage brokers, both of which have said they can help but want close to £1000 to deal with the mortgage lender for me, they wont tell me which mortgage lender, simply various.

I got my first mortgage offer with Santander without paying any fees, because I banked with them it was pretty easy, plus I was employed permanently.

Does anyone have experience with dealing with a broker for their mortgage that doesnt charge any fees? if so who? specifically for someone in my position? I have been told I can use my day rate annualised.

I am reluctant to pay 1000 for a mortgage when I could use that for furnishings!

The estate agent has asked for my mortgage details and Ive given them the girl from Santander, I'm worried they'll speak with her and she tells them I cant get a mortgage so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carm

Pay a Professional to give you professional advice.

A decent mortgage advisor will save you a lot more than £1000.

Quick exit...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Speak to John Yerou at Freelancer Financials. I've used them a number of times and never had any of the issues you mention.

Fill in a fact finder sheet from them and jobs done.

There is a charge but it's less than yours and it was worth every penny for ease and peace of mind.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And I'd expect a lurker of any size to know not to post in General...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't borrow money until after 2020, wait until the recession is gone and dusted.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I’ve just completed with CMME, yes you pay for their service but they got me a much better deal than I managed to find for myself from my bank
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Here's some free advice, why are some lenders beginning to shut up shop? Is it because the next credit crunch is just around the corner...

Magellan Homeloans stops new lending | Mortgage Introducer

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Don't borrow money until after 2020, wait until the recession is gone and dusted.
                fool.

Borrow money now as the inevitable inflation (caused by recession) will reduce its cost quicker than interest.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  fool.

Borrow money now as the inevitable inflation (caused by recession) will reduce its cost quicker than interest.
                  You are assuming that with price inflation comes wage inflation. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    You are assuming that with price inflation comes wage inflation. Fingers crossed...
                    that helps.
                    But it doesn't change the fact that the cost has gone down. Even if the ability to pay has also gone down.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X