• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hair Follicle Drugs Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    If it's DV, they already know what you smoke and what your dealer had for breakfast. If you're honest, you might get away with it, if you try and hide anything, you're screwed.
    Yes, I'm planning on being completely honest anyway. Mainly worried as I stopped as soon as I was told to but it still might show up.

Thanks for the replies everyone, yes I am an idiot x

Comment

Originally posted by kingpin998 View Post
      Yes, I'm planning on being completely honest anyway. Mainly worried as I stopped as soon as I was told to but it still might show up.

I'm not sure that admitting that you have commited a criminal offence, and have current (or very near current) associations with other criminals is wise for DV.
      You're almost certainly going to fail.

I know we suggest honesty on these checks but that's usually for things that you've been done for already.

If you think you might show positive, then surely a quick trip to Amsterdam, where it's legal, prior to the check, is a better explanation?

If they already know you smoke then you'll also probably fail for no other reason than the criminal contacts you must have.

On this one I'd just stay schtum.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

And remember not eat any seeded bread.

Some of those little seeds come from poppies.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Don't try and beat the test. Hair follicles also give them an idea of when you smoked so that should back an honest story.
          Don't believe the hype about DV, my interview was finished after 1hr. When they asked if they had missed anything we went for another 2hours. They missed BIG stuff, like as big as possible. But just be honest throughout, they don't care that you smoked weed. They might care if you are dealing the stuff and in debt to a local gangster.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by kingpin998 View Post

What was it about illegal drugs that appealed to you and highlighted your lack of sound judgement?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              I'm not sure that admitting that you have commited a criminal offence, and have current (or very near current) associations with other criminals is wise for DV.
              You're almost certainly going to fail.

I know we suggest honesty on these checks but that's usually for things that you've been done for already.

If you think you might show positive, then surely a quick trip to Amsterdam, where it's legal, prior to the check, is a better explanation?

If they already know you smoke then you'll also probably fail for no other reason than the criminal contacts you must have.

On this one I'd just stay schtum.
              And prove your ability to be dishonest.

Good call Lance.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X