• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hair Follicle Drugs Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair Follicle Drugs Test

Hi everyone,

I've applied for a position that requires developed vetting + a hair follicle drug test. A condition of the application was that as soon as you apply, you must commit to not taking any drugs if you were before. Since applying (month ago or so), I haven't taken any drugs.

However, before I applied I was an occasional smoker (about once a week), and I'm worried that this will still show up in a few months time. Has anyone had a hair follicle test before, or knows how long the tests look back in time on average? And also what drugs are typically tested for.

Thanks

Originally posted by kingpin998 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've applied for a position that requires developed vetting + a hair follicle drug test. A condition of the application was that as soon as you apply, you must commit to not taking any drugs if you were before. Since applying (month ago or so), I haven't taken any drugs.

However, before I applied I was an occasional smoker (about once a week), and I'm worried that this will still show up in a few months time. Has anyone had a hair follicle test before, or knows how long the tests look back in time on average? And also what drugs are typically tested for.

Thanks

when you say 'smoker' I assume you mean you "rock the ganja"

Who knows what they test for. A hair follcle test is about historical use though, so have a close hair cut.....
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

However, before I applied I was an occasional smoker (about once a week), and I'm worried that this will still show up in a few months time. Has anyone had a hair follicle test before, or knows how long the tests look back in time on average?

Comment

Even if you pass the hair follical test you still not get the job for being too stupid to check Google for stuff.

HTH
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          when you say 'smoker' I assume you mean you "rock the ganja"
          WTF??

oh, dear oh, dear

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Best hope they don't take the piss then.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If it's DV, they already know what you smoke and what your dealer had for breakfast. If you're honest, you might get away with it, if you try and hide anything, you're screwed.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                If it's DV, they already know what you smoke and what your dealer had for breakfast. If you're honest, you might get away with it, if you try and hide anything, you're screwed.
                What if it's DVDA?

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks
                  Hair follicle drug tests only work on head hair and not on pubic hair. If you get the chance, pluck a few pubic hairs ready the hand to them.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

With such a stunning lack of googling acumen, you are sure to go far working for the government, it's an institutional home for the clueless.

Maybe you should run Brexit too?

Comment

Working...
                    X