• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say goodbye to the old boiler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say goodbye to the old boiler

Fossil-fuel heating systems will be BANNED in all new-build houses | Daily Mail Online

Next step will be banning the replacement of boilers in existing homes with fossil fuel boilers.

I'm glad Global Warming means snowfall is a thing of the past and we don't need heating anymore here...

well nobody's replacing MY old boiler.
    she's a fecking Star, she is.

they'll have to come through me, that's for sure

Comment

Someone should tell the EUSSR where to stick their diktats.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Someone should tell the EUSSR where to stick their diktats.
        up your old boiler?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          up your old boiler?
          If that brings you some comfort.

Comment

Daily Mail, eh? I presume, in that case, that the word "BANNED" is to be interpreted in the usual way it's used there: some entity that has no power to ban anything has suggested that abandoning antiquated and inefficient technology would be a good idea; or some entity that could, in fact, ban things has merely said something to the same effect in a footnote to a leaflet issued several years ago, without actually promulgating any kind of ban. Or maybe it's some regulation that's been in place for twenty-five years or more and has just been noticed by one of their "journalists" who figured they could get a byline and a few column inches out of pretending it's a new thing

Comment

well, you all just Stay Away, from My old boiler.
              or face the consequenses.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                well, you all just Stay Away, from My old boiler.
                or face the consequenses.

I intend to - the last time I was on penicillin for 2 weeks afterwards.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I intend to - the last time I was on penicillin for 2 weeks afterwards.
                  You can think yourself lucky you stopped at "inappropriate touching" then.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X