• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suity for interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Sorry but Hugo Boss is not high end. Anyway, regardless of where you get it from just make sure it fits you.
    you obviously haven't seen my tackle in those tightly fitting trousers

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about police interviewing him.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about police interviewing him.
        What happened to Suity?
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
          1st impressions still count,

in a face to face interview you're selling yourself just as much as your skillset,

if you look professional and well presented people will have a positive first impression you can of course go downhill from there and it's easier then climbing uphill for the rest of the interview

for every client i've had i'm always suited and booted inc tie not just for interview but even for the duration of the contract

i guess its role dependent but as PM i think the professional look helps in interacting with other parts of the organisation

i never go too high end with the suits though, save the Hugo Boss for outside of work, but a dark coloured River Island / Zara 2 piece usually represents good value for money
          I just finished reading a book on this whole topic, quite an interesting read. Particularly interesting about how different patterns enhance certain elements of your body so if you want to look broader in the shoulder and have a good "V" shape torso then vertical lines are not your friend. Similarly if you have more of an avocado pear type thing going on then other patterns (eg checks) should be avoided.

The Mrs got a colour analysis done a while ago and I'm thinking of getting it done myself now I'm getting rid of my younger clothes and investing in a more refined wardrobe with fewer choice items. Without becoming a preening metrosexual of course.....

There is a lot to be said for dressing intentionally to command respect, there are few bits to get right apart from just fit.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            What happened to Suity?
            Went permie, still whining about managers but on Facebook rather here!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

INKSPE

H Huntsman or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I need a new suity for interviews,
                Does a quality suity (expensive) make much difference
                Anyone got Ideas about this
                It's good to be regular, and having a big dump before an interview is essential. High quality suity is definitely recommended....

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Does anyone wear ties for interviews anymore? can't remember the last clientco where ties were worn...
                  I wear suit and tie for interviews, but not worked on a site that I've then worn a tie during the role. My most recent role that required a suit was when I was based in the Lloyd's of London building about 5 years ago. The last time I wore a tie at work was back in 2004.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I just wear a little black dress, fishnets, heels. It's all quite a sight to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I just wear a little black dress, fishnets, heels. It's all quite a sight to behold.

[mod note]
                      NAT, you've posted using one of your sockie accounts again.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X