49 dead in terrorist attack in New Zealand 49 dead in terrorist attack in New Zealand - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 42

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So can upvotes. So what? Unless you've got some solid evidence for this happening, this part of your comment deserves derision and opprobrium.

On balance, I think you need to really consider carefully what it is you are wanting to say. I find it a bit odd that I have to say this to you, because I thought overall you were a reasonably decent person.
    I find saying that a "good proportion" of DM readership have white supremist sympathies based on downvotes that can "tricked" is disgusting. That was why I mentioned about downvoting being easy to trick.

That fact you question my decency because I refused to judge a "good proportion" of DM readership as white supremacist sympathiser based on downvotes that are easily tricked is very sad Nat. Very sad.

I live on CUK

Old Greg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Do you have any evidence of this?

Every experiment with that approach quickly ended in societal collapse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More time posting than coding

TheGreenBastard 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Onus is on the one who made the assertion; I'll provide one for my own assertion when the time's right.

I live on CUK

Old Greg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I find saying that a "good proportion" of DM readership have white supremist sympathies based on downvotes that can "tricked" is disgusting. That was why I mentioned about downvoting being easy to trick.

That fact you question my decency because I refused to judge a "good proportion" of DM readership as white supremacist sympathiser based on downvotes that are easily tricked is very sad Nat. Very sad.
    I agree. The DM is arguably a place where a large number of people with white supremacist sympathies hang out, but they are small in number compared to the mainstream gammon and celebrity gossip readership. Having said that, the Mail might be wise to look at how it moderates or disables voting features on articles about actual people being actually murdered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Still gathering requirements...

siphr is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Consistent down voting of comments expressing sympathy or concern for those involved. Not just one or two, but hundreds.
    I do not know what sort of a contractor you are but if you are in the IT sector, you should know that there is a market of fake votes, reviews, friends etc. on the internet. Not to say that these definitely are fake (how would I know) but can be - sure.

Fingers like lightning

GJABS is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    On the other hand, if you don't give them a way of disseminating their views, you lower the chance of those on the margins becoming radicalised.
    "radicalisation" does not create terrorists, it merely redirects the anger that is already present in the person towards the aims. i.e. if they hadn't been radicalised they would likely have got up to some other mischief.
    On the whole I feel that if people have greivences about things it is better to let them get those out of their system rather than bottle them up.

Super poster

meridian is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    "radicalisation" does not create terrorists, it merely redirects the anger that is already present in the person towards the aims. i.e. if they hadn't been radicalised they would likely have got up to some other mischief.
    On the whole I feel that if people have greivences about things it is better to let them get those out of their system rather than bottle them up.
    That presupposes that the person already holds strong views about something.

Radicalisation is more insidious than that. At it’s worst, it takes a “blank canvas” and slowly indoctrinates views that the person might not otherwise hold, until eventually they believe that those are their views. At that point the indoctrination becomes more and more extreme, until the person feels that they are under attack and have to act.

There’s a difference between holding strong views on something, having a genuine grievance about something, and radicalisation.

Fingers like lightning

GJABS is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post

Radicalisation is more insidious than that. At it’s worst, it takes a “blank canvas” and slowly indoctrinates views that the person might not otherwise hold, until eventually they believe that those are their views. At that point the indoctrination becomes more and more extreme, until the person feels that they are under attack and have to act.

There’s a difference between holding strong views on something, having a genuine grievance about something, and radicalisation.
    That's true. But it doesn't explain motivation (or the lack of it). In order to get someone to commit a terrorist act, they have to be highly motivated, and for motivation you generally need a lot of emotion such as fear, greed, or anger, or a history of those emotions. These can't be manufactured, they can only be harnessed if already present for some reason.

Still gathering requirements...

cosmic has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post

All you need to do is check one of Tommy Robinson vids on YouTube. Plenty of terrorist Nazi supporters that love the DM. Plenty of people in the uk support his horrid views and it was the terrorist from NZ that listened to Tommy and acted out on his words. Plus horrid comments on what happened on that day from these same people with these horrid views

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    All you need to do is check one of Tommy Robinson vids on YouTube. Plenty of terrorist Nazi supporters that love the DM. Plenty of people in the uk support his horrid views and it was the terrorist from NZ that listened to Tommy and acted out on his words. Plus horrid comments on what happened on that day from these same people with these horrid views
    Small detail which you missed - he was from Australia. I'm not a fan but you are an idiot too by the sound of it.