• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"educational course" or 3 points + fine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will go up by a lot once you get 6 points.

One good way not to get there is to avoid getting 3 points.

Comment

Take the course if you can you do not or did not when I did it a few years back have to tell your insurance company.

But you would need to declare the points.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Take the course if you can you do not or did not when I did it a few years back have to tell your insurance company.

But you would need to declare the points.

have to report it but the insurance company won't care about first offence (Mrs V has had a few much to her discomfort at my hands).
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

In the course you may learn something so it doesn’t happen again?

Also get some kind of camera warnings setup.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Mrs V has had a few much to her discomfort at my hands
            But what about her driving record?

Comment

I presume OP has ruled out the Belmarsh option? (saying Vladamir was driving, getting rumbled by the old bill, followed by a Perverting the course of justice conviction a la MP style).

Comment

You may aswell do the course - as above, while 3 points alone is fairly minor you've already been caught once so why even let them start?

I will say, though, I went in with a relatively open mind but even so it was ******* dull. If you've taken a serious interest in driving, or done any advanced courses etc you're unlikely to learn huge amounts. I'm not saying I didn't learn anything, but half a days pay plus the fee plus that time out of my life wasn't really worth it for what I did! That said, the amount of people on the course who really didn't understand things like National Speed Limit was a bit scary, so in that sense I'm all for them.

Comment

The one and only speed awareness course I did was taken by my RoSPA Advanced Motorcycling Examiner (5 days after he awarded me a RoSPA Gold) and he was the Essex Police Motorcycle Instructor. A wee bit embarrassing having been out on the road with him the last week and on the ride home following the test (me following him this time) his instructions to me were, any numerical speed limit sign we obey without question, nation speed limit signs - keep it safe. Good spirited ride home that was.

Afterwards you get a written report identifying areas for improvement. MY first one (retest every 3 years), written by the same examiner, states. "...should try to ride faster." I kept that report to use in my defence should I every need it.

Comment

Take the course.
                    I did it about 3 months ago. Boring but I did actually learn something.

Also I was told in the course you DONT have to inform your insurance company about taking the course.

A quick google also confirms this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      if your license is clean then take the 3 points
                      Why?
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X