• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Boom

Landed my first contract today! Id like to thank all who commented on my previous posts who made me think and re-think my options, and those who gave tips on tailoring your CV’s to each job and making them more ‘contractor’ rather than perm. I completely overhauled mine after that. Thanks, for the tips I read on other threads about applying every day a couple of times a day. JobServe came good for me in the end.

My perm to contract dilemma is sorted too, I have 1 months notice but have 2 weeks holiday accrued. I told the client I can start in 2 weeks, my perm job are fine as I’m leaving my projects in a decent state and they are quick to hand over.

Now here comes the fun part

Comment

Come into the light!

Comment

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Slinky View Post
          Landed my first contract today!

Comment

Comment

Good luck & I Hope it is all you want it to be
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Nice one - enjoy the ride

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slinky View Post
                    Landed my first contract today! Id like to thank all who commented on my previous posts who made me think and re-think my options, and those who gave tips on tailoring your CV’s to each job and making them more ‘contractor’ rather than perm. I completely overhauled mine after that. Thanks, for the tips I read on other threads about applying every day a couple of times a day. JobServe came good for me in the end.

My perm to contract dilemma is sorted too, I have 1 months notice but have 2 weeks holiday accrued. I told the client I can start in 2 weeks, my perm job are fine as I’m leaving my projects in a decent state and they are quick to hand over.

Now here comes the fun part
                    Congratulations. It's CUK tradition that you organise a party at a pub for the forum members and you pay for all the drinks
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X