• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in...... Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you get a chance, visit the Western Approaches War Museum at Derby House, near the Pier Head - it's the secret Royal Navy bunker where the Battle of the Atlantic was won.

In the 1950s, my Dad worked in Derby House and never even knew it was down there, as it was still Top Secret at the time

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Loads of places in Liverpool - and despite the stereotype in general there is no problems.

Although stay away from Liverpool One as it is just a row of chain restaurants/pubs/stores
      I like the fact that the Everton club shop was called Everton Two

It makes their address Everton Two, Liverpool One

It's actually ok if you want to grab something quick in one of the chain eating places. Chinatown too is only a 10 minute walk away. If you have the car there are lots of places on Merseyside and it's a lot less busy traffic-wise than the other side of the M6 at Wigan and Manchester.

I used to drive out to Southport of an evening to have something to eat and walk along the shore. A few good nights out in Ormskirk too.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        I used to drive out to Southport of an evening to have something to eat and walk along the shore. A few good nights out in Ormskirk too.
        Worth heading out to Formby too, to see the red squirrels in the pine woods and have a stroll along the beach

Comment

Working...
        X