• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pressure, bearing down on me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pressure, bearing down on me

Two UK clients at the minute piling on the pressure, one a defence company. My deadlines were the end of this month both of which have been given some leeway until mid-April. I wonder what that could be all about?

Had one shouting down the phone this morning despite our agreement going for delivery later into the year. It's almost as is something is causing them concern. One of the projects I couldn't give a toss about. The other however is likely to make a difference and I want to see it succeed.

Just wonder if I'm alone or are there other EU businesses supplying UK clients being put under pressure because of uncertainty. I'm sure they are, but feck, take about a way to ruin relationships. Hook, Line, and sinker.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Is this another prelude to an oh woe is Brexit rant?

If it is I would like to point out that my LinkedIn app is constantly pinging with agents with gigs, old clients are begging me to come back and existing ones begging me to stay.

It's raining boomage - if you have the skills that people want of course.

Have a cup of tea and a lie-down, you'll feel better soon.

Comment

Not a rant, just paint a picture of reality. Plenty of work. Honestly I'm trying my level best to take on less work, ideally reduce myself to part-time throughout this year. Can't be bothered with it anymore. Which is ironic as there has never been more enquires since I've arrived at the top of my career.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

they have realised they have hired the spootinator and buyer's remorse is kicking in?

As you are abroad they can't easily sue you?

You are making tulip up as usual?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Not a rant, just paint a picture of reality. Plenty of work. Honestly I'm trying my level best to take on less work, ideally reduce myself to part-time throughout this year. Can't be bothered with it anymore. Which is ironic as there has never been more enquires since I've arrived at the top of my career.
          Graph or it never happened!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Finished. Up until the small hours last night. Work has more holes than a fishing net, but they're happy. Going to be fat invoice. Anyone have Chris Grayling's details for his invoice department?

Comment

Working...
            X