• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Possibly because the München Amt has more money to burn sweetie.
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    They didn't send letters to German citizens
    This, in fact I got my last bit of paperwork today, driving license
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

That the UK thinking talk.

My local Amt (what's that in English?!) have been very proactive. Several letters sent out regarding 'Br£$t' and what I need to do to prepare. Guess how many I've received from the home office. Nadda. Ganz nicht.
      I guess that’s because the local government/home office have no intention of leaving. What a mess

Comment

That the UK thinking talk.

My local Amt (what's that in English?!) have been very proactive. Several letters sent out regarding 'Br£$t' and what I need to do to prepare. Guess how many I've received from the home office. Nadda. Ganz nicht.
        Das Amt = The Bureau/office. Gemeinde-Amt is local authority.

(The British ambassador for Switzerland did 2 tours of the largest towns explaining first that they were working on it, but everything was uncertain, and on the second that the Swiss and British government had signed agreements, and effectively there was nothing to worry about for existing residents).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If your contract starts after Britain has left the EU, e.g. April 12th, then you will have to apply for a work permit and other associated paperwork. The tax and social security (includes health) situation will probably also change for British people too as they will be regarded as a third country and treated as such
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X