• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Exit Day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Exit Day!

Turned down a contract extension as they couldn't guarantee any actual work and are too tight to pay a retainer.

Scrapheap challenge it is then. I'm sure there's loads of work out there for an old dinosaur with plenty of experience, and an allergy against many modern business bulltulip practices.

First I need to find some motivation to update my CV, dig out the suit, and swot up on the latest bulltulip bingo for interviews, but I just can't be arsed. Maybe I'll make a start on Monday ...

This weekend I will mostly not be giving a damn, and cracking open the warchest.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Should have asked for an extension without having to work but with an option to keep the cherry. They're all doing it these days.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Should have asked for an extension without having to work but with an option to keep the cherry. They're all doing it these days.
      What is the cherry? I can't see one.

The fact they weren't willing to pay a simple retainer showed me they are unlikely to have any or much work (based on recent months and known future plans) and wanted to keep me available for free.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
      X