• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

out-sourcing /in-sourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out-sourcing /in-sourcing

hi
    * can a limited company employ a technical person and can out-source them to client for a limited period of time on project basis...

* can a limited company employ a person who can bring a client /contract and then work that contract/ assignment out and take a profit cut as they brought in the work to the company....

many thanks...

Yes, but based on past experience I suspect you’re not telling us the whole story.
    1. A limited company can pretty much employ whoever they like.
    2. If your contract with a client includes the right to substitute and you can provide an alternate person who can legally perform the work and has the right skill levels and the client is happy with them, then a substitute can be used.
    3. Employing someone, paying them a salary and expecting them to do work is how companies employ staff, again, legal requirements need to be met.

Not sure if I’ve missed what you are really asking, but hope this helps.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What happens after the assignments end? You've got an employee on your hands and nothing for them to do. If you try and sack them or let them go they are going to take you to an employment tribunal. There are a lot of laws protecting your employee.

So although you can do what you suggest in isolation I would say it won't work in the bigger picture.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What happens after the assignments end? You've got an employee on your hands and nothing for them to do. If you try and sack them or let them go they are going to take you to an employment tribunal. There are a lot of laws protecting your employee.

So although you can do what you suggest in isolation I would say it won't work in the bigger picture.
        This continuous negativity of yours in the professional forums is getting tiresome. The OP sounds like an enterprising type who has thought it all through so should just crack on.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Not sure if I’ve missed what you are really asking, but hope this helps.
          My money is on some convuluted method to try and meet the criteria for whatever Tier he is trying this time.

Comment

My money is on some convuluted method to try and meet the criteria for whatever Tier he is trying this time.
            I'm sure the trick to set up a ltd in the UK and subsequently hire yourself from India to get a visa has been tried and failed many times before

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              I'm sure the trick to set up a ltd in the UK and subsequently hire yourself from India to get a visa has been tried and failed many times before
              Re: Limited company director do I need to pay tax? - Page 2 - Immigrationboards.com

Comment

nice as a promotion when u win you can suck on big fat candy ‘handed’ over to you by me....won’t be of bronze color i am afraid...

Comment

Originally posted by abc111 View Post
                  nice as a promotion when u win you can suck on big fat candy ‘handed’ over to you by me....won’t be of bronze color i am afraid...
                  I'm really not sure whether to report that or say thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by abc111 View Post
                    Could you translate that to English please, for those of us who don't speak gibberish.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X