• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inconsiderate drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsiderate drivers

Came out of the hotel this morning to go to the client's office only to find I had been blocked in by an ill mannered self centred woman. Not only had she parked in a non parking spot, but she had positioned her Vauxhall Mokka, reg DN68XHF, so close to my drivers door that a non- disabled driver like myself would not have been able to get in let alone a disable blue badge holder like myself. Yes I was in a disabled space and no she wasn't disabled.
    I complained to hotel staff but apparently she had not registered her vehicle at the hotel. I wonder why? Whilst I was waiting, propping myself up on my walking stick, she turned up. Didn't even apologise. Just got in her car and drove off. She didn't check out so she will be in the hotel tonight. It's going to be an interesting conversation in the bar/restaurant tonight

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Ps I do have a photo but cannot upload it to here using the app as I don't has permission.

Comment

I hired a Mokka once. It had a heated steering wheel. Very nice it was.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Came out of the hotel this morning to go to the client's office only to find I had been blocked in by an ill mannered self centred woman. Not only had she parked in a non parking spot, but she had positioned her Vauxhall Mokka, reg DN68XHF, so close to my drivers door that a non- disabled driver like myself would not have been able to get in let alone a disable blue badge holder like myself. Yes I was in a disabled space and no she wasn't disabled.
        I complained to hotel staff but apparently she had not registered her vehicle at the hotel. I wonder why? Whilst I was waiting, propping myself up on my walking stick, she turned up. Didn't even apologise. Just got in her car and drove off. She didn't check out so she will be in the hotel tonight. It's going to be an interesting conversation in the bar/restaurant tonight
        You assume she is staying at the hotel. How can you be sure? Could she just have been dropping something/someone off?

But yes, people can be rude and only ever think of themselves, not the impact of their choices on others.
        Or they consider that while their choice may have a minor down side for a short period for some, it doesn’t matter to them because they won’t be affected.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You assume she is staying at the hotel. How can you be sure? Could she just have been dropping something/someone off?

But yes, people can be rude and only ever think of themselves, not the impact of their choices on others.
          Or they consider that while their choice may have a minor down side for a short period for some, it doesn’t matter to them because they won’t be affected.
          1. The hotel is pretty isolated
          2. The car had clearly been left there overnight as all the windows had been frosted up, but still she chose to drive off without clearing her windows
          3. She approached the car pulling only a laptop bag, so she will be in the hotel tonight.

Comment

Block her in, then take a day relaxing in the spa.

Comment

1. The hotel is pretty isolated
              2. The car had clearly been left there overnight as all the windows had been frosted up, but still she chose to drive off without clearing her windows
              3. She approached the car pulling only a laptop bag, so she will be in the hotel tonight.
              A lady at an isolated hotel comes back to her car and sees an angry looking weirdo hanging around. I'm not surprised she scooted off pretty sharpish.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I hired a Mokka once. It had a heated steering wheel. Very nice it was.
                My Mazda 6 has that also - not something I thought I'd use but it's quite nice on a cold day
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Which are you? Or have you officially gone split personality (and I use the term personality loosely)
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sounds like you met Lady Karma.

Comment

Working...
                    X