• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it still okay to shoot at pictures of real people on a shooting range

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But probably worth looking into whether they've broken military law, and then acting accordingly.
    Only your dear heart.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Perhaps they are practising for a firing squad for traitorous terrorist supporters?
      They should be preparing for the moment Majestic becomes self-aware, and the rise of the squirrels begins....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Nope. Never. You may not like the individual being shot at, but they are someone's father, brother, child. It's a very slippery slope and rather disgusting.
        And no doubt there will be plenty of pious, sanctimonious, bleeding heart, liberal hypocrites slithering out from under their rocks to condemn this before predictably clambering aboard the easily-offended pram and hurling their toys far and wide.

Maybe they would be better served trying to establish just why it is that Corbyn is so disliked, why a man that is not even the most popular politician in his own Parliamentary Party seems to attract such universal vilification?
        Particularly amongst the Military, for whom he seems to hold nothing but contempt for reasons that have doubtless been drip-fed to him over many years of fraternising with each and every terrorist organisation that he has shamelessly championed.

But then again, that might involve a great deal more effort than simply joining in with whatever scandalous outrage is de rigeur that day amongst the handwringing community.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Maybe they would be better served trying to establish just why it is that Corbyn is so disliked, why a man that is not even the most popular politician in his own Parliamentary Party seems to attract such universal vilification?
          I don't care whether people like him or not, or their reasons for not liking him. That's irrelevant. The question is, should an image of any real person be used for target practice? And the answer to that is no. Whoever the 'target' is, the answer is always no. I'd think it was just as wrong if it was say JRM or Trump who was the target.

You need a certain maturity to understand this though. Not age, just maturity.
          Last edited by Whorty; 3 April 2019, 18:40.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The question is, should an image of any real person be used for target practice? And the answer to that is no. Whoever the 'target' is, the answer is always no.
            In your "exalted" opinion.

Which ain't worth a hill of beans.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I don't care whether people like him or not, or their reasons for not liking him. That's irrelevant. The question is, should an image of any real person be used for target practice? And the answer to that is no. Whoever the 'target' is, the answer is always no. I'd think it was just as wrong if it was say JRM or Trump who was the target.

You need a certain maturity to understand this though. Not age, just maturity.
              i have my ex's picture on an archery butt at the bottom of my garden.
              and i'm Extremely Mature don't you know. - like a good port wine

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                i have my ex's picture on an archery butt at the bottom of my garden.
                and i'm Extremely Mature don't you know. - like a good port wine

You have an 'ex' ... I find that hard to believe in someone so intelligent. Why oh why would she leave such a catch as you?

Being old doesn't make one mature
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

[QUOTE=Whorty;2636583]You have an 'ex' ... I find that hard to believe in someone so intelligent. Why oh why would she leave such a catch as you?

she didn't

Being old doesn't make one mature

possibly not, no

[QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Amazing you can have people out there defending the actions of those brainwashed soldiers in the same sitting of parliament an MP was gunned down in the light of day by disgruntled quitling.

Yes, let us dig up Jo Cox and ask her what she could have done differently.

You Sir are morally bankrupt.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 4 April 2019, 06:47.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Amazing you can people out there defending the actions of those brainwashed soldiers in the same sitting of parliament an MP was gunned down in the light of day by disgruntled quitling.

Yes, let us dig up Jo Cox and ask her what she could have done differently.

You Sir are morally bankrupt.
                      Why do you think our soldiers are brainwashed? Trained killers yes, brainwashed NO. I think this is one of those stories that has got blow out of all proportion. I suspect a lot of this goes on and JC is by no means singled out for special treatment on the ranges. I would ask you to consider thee questions. Have you ever held a gun. Have you ever fired a gun at a target (and by this I mean a series of concentric circles)? Have you ever fired a gun with the aim of killing an animal ( yes hunting with a gun is allowed in this country)? have you ever being asked to point a gun at another human being?

The above questions sequentially raise in the consequences of firing a gun. A soldier not only has to be competent at the latter, but has to be prepared to squeeze the trigger. How do you think firing at concentric circles equips a soldier for performing this task that may be necessary in order to allow you to sleep safely in your bed at night.

Grow up snowflake

Comment

Working...
                      X