• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn as PM?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    To be fair, El Gordo fecked pensions good and proper already on behalf of Labour and this is what drove people to invest in property (BTLs) rather than save into a pension.
    +1

And now peeps are cashing out of BTL's in their droves as yields are peaking. Especially as the bubble grows even larger thanks to QE. Defo time to cash out. Interest rates will soon rise and saver can leave their folding cash in the bank, but only after the recession.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

National infrastructure should never have been put in the public sector in the first place.
      Left to their own devices all of these services ran fine without a lazy public sector getting involved. I'm thinking of Trains especially, where NR wastes huge amounts, fails at every turn and the private companies get it in the neck. Northern rail is abysmal but mainly due the failings of NR.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        And anyone with a pension would be screwed as they rely on the dividends these companies pay out to live in the future, but then again do marxists every retire or are we just worked into the grave?
        Marxists live off index-linked gold-plated government pensions!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Which begs the question, why should national security be sacrificed to pay for pensioners? National infrastructure should never have been privatised in the first place.
          Because if it's that important it shouldn't be left to the government run, as they have proven time and time again they can't organise a piss up in a brewery!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It must be observed that the CEGB didn't have the fecking Chinese building nuclear power stations for them.

Considering the quality of the crap that comes out of China, I'm stocking up on iodine tablets and geiger counters.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

he would never get security clearance with his background in supporting terrorist organisations, communist regimes and jew hatery

Comment

Upside:

He'd renationalise the railways, which should never have been privatised, are more expensive and crap than they ever were under BR. Given that some franchises are owned by DB and SNCF the whole thing really is a farce.

Downside:

Everything else.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Upside:

He'd renationalise the railways, which should never have been privatised, are more expensive and crap than they ever were under BR. Given that some franchises are owned by DB and SNCF the whole thing really is a farce.

Downside:

Everything else.
                  This.

But I wouldn't stop with the railways. All national infrastructure should be under public ownership.

Comment

Upside:
                    Someone new to take the piss out of before their weekly meeting with the Mrs.

Downside:
                    Probably wouldn't get chance as the palace guards would have shot the smelly tramp before he got inside.

Comment

Ah but we would all be equal.

Just some more equal than others.

[emoji849]

Comment

Working...
                      X