• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn as PM?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn as PM?

Just out of interest what do you think would be the positives and negatives of Corbyn becoming Prime Minister.

Serious question, honest.

Positives

1) The housing market would crash. Housing might actually for once be affordable for the medium earner.
    2) I can close my 'short' position on the housing market.
    3) Nationalisation of critical infrastructure. Lets face it, Corbyn hates shareholders. No really, he's all out nuke them from orbit. LSE will crash overnight when he begins nationalising power generation, rail, water utilities, etc

Negatives

1) UK is going to be a tulip-hole of a place to live whilst he's in office.
    2) Those with debt will suddenly find themselves with punishing interest rates
    3) (1) but 10-15 years later the worst of the damage should be over.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Positives

- No Tory government
      - ERG and the nicotine stained frog will have meltdowns

Negatives

- We'll see more of Abbott on tv
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Corbyn and most of his fellow travellers have honed their world-view in the comfort of civil service ease without a whiff of the responsibilities of office.

Should they gain power they are in for a heart attack - just look at how May's face has been melting since she gained office.

Lizzie should dissolve parliament and rule absolutely, the politicians had a nice run but they clearly aren't up to it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Positives

- No Tory government
          - ERG and the nicotine stained frog will have meltdowns

Negatives

- We'll see more of Abbott on tv
          Diane Abbott says, "we should have a fourth referendum, umm third, no, no its the second, yes the second or third."
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Youtube is full of how fooked the UK is. My favourite

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Youtube is full of how fooked the UK is. My favourite

You have serious mental issues, seek help.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Positives

3) Nationalisation of critical infrastructure. Lets face it, Corbyn hates shareholders. No really, he's all out nuke them from orbit. LSE will crash overnight when he begins nationalising power generation, rail, water utilities, etc
                And anyone with a pension would be screwed as they rely on the dividends these companies pay out to live in the future, but then again do marxists every retire or are we just worked into the grave?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  And anyone with a pension would be screwed as they rely on the dividends these companies pay out to live in the future, but then again do marxists every retire or are we just worked into the grave?
                  To be fair, El Gordo fecked pensions good and proper already on behalf of Labour and this is what drove people to invest in property (BTLs) rather than save into a pension.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Which begs the question, why should national security be sacrificed to pay for pensioners? National infrastructure should never have been privatised in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                    X